Monday, May 6, 2013

Deleted Scene: Take 12 - In Another Castle (Part 2)


2 ~ Going my way

Anna’s arms flailed aimlessly as she struggled to get out of the endless pit of hay. She nearly drowned in the castle and now she was being suffocated with hay.

“Here, let me help you!” a voice called out from above. A hand entered Anna’s vision and she made a grab for it. To her relief, she was pulled out of what she later realized was a cart full of hay. She coughed violently, trying to get the dust and dry plant out of her system.

“Are you ok?”
Anna raised a hand and coughed once more before standing up straight to take in a breath of fresh air. As she turned to thank her rescuer, her eyes grew wide and her mouth stood agape.
“DJ!” Anna wrapped her arms around the youth and gave him a big hug.
“Whoa, hehe. A ‘Thank you’ would have sufficed.”

Anna stood back to take a look at her friend and a wide grin spread across her face. “DJ! I’m so glad to see you! I thought for sure Shard whacked you and the others.”
“Um, I’m glad you’re so happy to see me,” her long lost friend said with a quizzical look on his face. “But I’m not sure who you are or how you know my name.”

Once again, Anna stood thunderstruck. “DJ, it’s me. Anna, Savvy, Savvyanna? Remember?”
She hoped DJ would break the act and tell her it was all a joke, but he looked even more confused.
“I’m sorry, but I don’t know you. You must have the wrong-”
“No!” Anna panicked. “You’ve got to remember! We did so many cool things together! We went on adventures! We battled monsters and villains! You’ve got a crazy other who likes to bake explosive cookies. You have another other who had a crush on Hanna before she… before she…” Anna’s voice grew quiet as she slowly realized the situation she was in. DJ slowly tried to inch away.

Anna sighed as she tried to think of solutions to her predicament. “Ok, first of all, I don’t know what happened to your memories, but we need to get them back. Then we need to find the others. We’ll probably have to get their memories back too. Then we need to rescue Lui before tomorrow morning. He’s in the castle somewhere, I’m sure of it.”

“I would like to help, but I’m just a simple farmer.” DJ stated. “I don’t know how to use a sword. I don’t go on adventures or have weird memory problems. You’ve got the wrong guy.” DJ picked up a pitchfork and tried to gather the scattered hay and get it back into the cart.
“Of course, of course,” Anna said as she looked around. She didn’t realize it until then, but they were on a path just outside of some kind of town near the castle. She tapped her chin in thought.

“Say, you wouldn’t happen to be headed to that town, would you?” she asked as she pointed ahead.
“As a matter of fact, yes. Though it seems I may have forgotten something at home.” DJ turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. “I’ll just go back and-”
“Nonsense!” Anna grabbed DJ’s arm and turned him back to the town. “Come along, my friend,” she said as she half dragged the poor fellow along. “We have a world to save!”


No comments:

Post a Comment