Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Prologue (rewrite)


Prologue


“How's Lui.” 


That's how it started. That's how it always started. No. That's not quite right. It started long before that. It started a couple millennia ago with the creation of Earth’s mirror world, Thorae, and the first Other. Or did it start three centuries from now when Ozymandias started the war on humanity? I can't tell any more. The matrices of time and space have all been jumbled in my head ever since I got here. Something in my data core must have been damaged during the transfer because even those calculations were off by four years. Have I really been here for four years?


I'm getting distracted again. This is my final log. My last report. What should have been a simple mission lasted far longer than intended. I don't know if I will succeed or not. If I do, there's a very good chance I end up not existing at all. If I don't, there is no way I'm getting out of this alive. They’ve already sent one reparator to fix my mess. 


I exist to protect humanity. That is the sole purpose for which I was created. Every action I take or have taken or will take, no matter how violent or how cruel, is for the greater good of you humans. Whether or not my actions were justified? Well, you'll find all the information you need in this report to draw your own conclusions. Whatever happens now, know this: everything I've done, everything I’ve yet to do, I did to save Earth. I did it to save humanity. 


Dr. Ramnis, I hope you made the right call. 


Akadi Axeaus Model 8,

Nickname: Brady

End log


No comments:

Post a Comment