Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Deleted Scene: Take 12 - In Another Castle (Part 3)


3 ~ Bearers of Hope

“I’m telling you, you’ve got the wrong guy.” DJ’s pleas went unheard as Anna, still in her own world, continued rambling. “I’m still not sure how she managed to pull all this off. I get the crazy water tricks, sort of, but memory leaks?”
“Maybe she gained a new skill of some sort?” DJ mentioned, not really knowing who Anna was talking about.
“That’s not exactly in her repertoire. Something has to be giving her all that extra power.”
“Or someone.” DJ said with a shrug.

Anna stopped short and turned to DJ. She opened her mouth to speak, but an object collided with her before she could get a word out. Anna found herself pinned to the ground by an unexpected weight.
“Sorry!” a female voice exclaimed. The person got off and helped Anna to her feet.
“Don’t worry about it.” Anna brushed herself off and was just beginning to wonder if she’d ever stop crashing into things when the other person spoke again.
“I didn’t mean to crash into you. I was trying to get away from this crazy guy.”

“Like I said, don’t worry about-” Anna looked up and recognized the female who knocked her over. “MISTY!” Anna surprised the girl with a big hug.
“Cool. I like hugs, but how did you-”
“HALT IN THE NAME OF THE TARDIS!” a foreign voice cried from afar.

Misty gasped and pointed in the direction of the cry. “It’s that crazy guy! I’m sorry, but I really have to be going.” Misty ran behind Anna, but was jerked back when Anna grabbed hold of Misty’s messenger bag.
“You’re not going anywhere!” Realizing DJ was trying to sneak off again, Anna froze his shoes to the ground. “And neither are you, DJ! You stay right here!”
A man appeared from the bushes, tired and out of breath. “Why… huff… why does…. huff… running hurt?” The man took a few deep breaths and stood up straight. “Ah, I see you caught her for me.”

Anna tilted her head to the side and squinted, yet again in disbelief. “Jester? Is that you?”
“Yeah, what of it?”
“How do you keep showing up? You’re supposed to be dead!” DJ and Misty stared at Anna.
Jester looked rather put out. “Rude. Good thing I don’t have feelings or anything.”
Anna scratched her head with her free hand. “Sorry, but I thought you…”

“I did.”
“Then how?”
“Miracle Max. Are we done?”
“Quite.”
“Good, then I’ll just be taking these two with me.” Jester moved toward Misty.
“No!” Misty shouted and tried to get away again.

“Hold on.” Anna raised a hand and eyed Jester suspiciously. “What do you want with them?”
“As I was trying to explain to your friend here before she took off running, I’m here to set things straight. Everyone Hanna was close to lost their memories, except Lui… who happens to be locked in the castle right now. Shard took over-”
“No thanks to EDJ,” Anna interrupted. “I already know that part, but where did she get that extra power? And how do we get their memories back? And did Miracle Max happen to leave you with a couple of bottled fairies so we can actually beat Shard’s boss mode?”

Jester impatiently waited for Anna to stop talking. “Do you want my help or not?”
“Yes, please.”
“Good, the airship’s this way.” With a wave of heat, Jester melted the ice keeping DJ in place and walked in a new direction.
Anna looked at Misty and DJ. “Are you two coming?”

No comments:

Post a Comment