Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Part Eight

Part Eight





Loud voice: Dungeon self-destruct will occur in 5 minutes.



DJ: Uh-oh, does that sound as bad as I think it does?


Hanna: I believe so! We have to find Lui! Why do they always have some sort of self-destruct button lying around?!



DJ: I don't know...perhaps for occasions like this one. LUI!!!!!!!! WHERE ARE YOU? Where could he have gone?



Hanna: I don't know, he should be on one of these screens or something! Do you think he already left the castle?



DJ: It's possible, I suppose. Do you think EO's evilness shifted to Lui somehow?



Hanna: That would be the worst possible thing to happen! There is no need for that to happen, though because EDJ’s still alive. Barely, but still alive. Is that explosion going to happen only in the dungeon or will it affect the whole castle?



DJ: I'm not sure...I think that depends on where the dungeon is located in the castle. Is it near the bottom of the building or at the top?



Hanna: I think it's near the bottom. What should we do?



DJ: Find an emergency exit right now! You want to do that while I keep looking for Lui?



Hanna: No! I'm not going anywhere near an exit until we find Lui! I got him into this mess... I'll search the hallways and rooms. If you find him, tell me and I'll go get him. It would take you too long to get to the room he's in from here. Is that alright?



DJ: Ok, I guess. But if it gets to 4 minutes and no sign of him, promise you'll get out, ok? Can you do that?



Hanna: No, I will not leave until there is absolutely no hope left. I'm not abandoning him! No matter what! I can't leave him here! He refused to let hope die, I could at least do the same for him!!! I'm sorry, but you understand...right?



DJ: I guess there's no changing your mind. Ok, let's hurry; we already only have 4 minutes left...I'll check the monitors for any sign of him. Ready?



Hanna: I think so... I have enough strength left in my wings, so I should be fine... You'll get out in time, won't you?



DJ: I won't leave you and Lui here...although leaving EO sounds like a pretty good idea right now. No sign of him on the upper floors...that's good, right?



Hanna: Not if we can't find him in time... *flies through long halls looking in rooms while passing them* Come on Lui, where are you?



Quiet Voice that sounds like Lui, ringing through parts of the castle: help me........please



DJ: No sign of him in any of the 5 rooms preceding this one... Have you seen him yet?



Hanna: *Gasp* No, DJ, but I think I heard something! Lui?! *flies faster through winding tunnels deeper in the castle* Please be safe, Lui, please... DJ, do you see anything in the lower levels of this place?



DJ: Umm...levels 1-4 out of 6 are all empty as far as I can tell. I guess that leaves #5.



Quiet Voice: Please....help....trapped...?



Hanna: *shouts* Lui!! LUI!!!! Hang on Lui, I'm coming... Where are you?



Quiet Voice: Trapped....no....see....me....this



DJ: Did you find him???


Hanna: I...I don't know... I think I hear him, but I can't see him! Do you see anything?




DJ: No, I can't see anything!



Quiet Voice: Particles.....soul.....shattered.....rescue?



Hanna: *Stops* Huh? What... what... are you talking about? How can I help you?!



Quiet Voice: Check......cameras......fight.......particles.......disappear......me



DJ: What's happening???



Hanna: I don't know... something's not right here... I keep hearing a voice, I think it's Lui, but I'm not sure! What is he talking about?! Particles, disappearing, cameras, fight... *gasp* DJ check the cameras right after the battle!!!



DJ: Ok, I'm on it....accessing video files now... *gasps* Lui really did disappear!



Quiet Voice: Particles....trapped.....me.....in.....castle......



DJ: He dissolved into little particles that floated away from the room! How's that for weird?



Hanna: He...he's...dissolved?!?! What have I done...? Lui! I'm going to get you out of here! I promise! DJ, do you have any idea how we can...rescue him?



DJ: Absolutely no idea whatsoever...wait! The particles probably entered into another object. We need to get that object and get out of here, then we can figure out how to turn him back to normal.



Quiet Voice: Mirror....rescue?



Hanna: Mirror...I don't remember a mirror anywhere... DJ, have you seen any mirrors? On the walls, on the tapes, in the dungeons...ANYWHERE???



DJ: Mirrors? Umm...there's a furniture inventory here on the desk. It says: only 1 mirror in the entire castle, in the 'Practice Evil Posing Room', on the 3rd floor. Can you get there in time?



Hanna: I'll make it! *thinks* I have to, for his sake... Lui, can you hear me?



Quiet Voice: Hear.....voice.....louder...... You.....?



Hanna: Yes, Lui, it's me. I'm gonna get you out of here alright? Just hang on... DJ, how are you coming along with an exit?



DJ: From the third floor, there's a secret elevator shaft that leads to...the outside? Who came up with that idea???



Hanna: I don't know, but it works for me... *enters the room* Where is the mirror?



Quiet Voice: Behind.......table....... See.....?



Hanna: I see it! *walks over and stands in front of mirror* Lui?



Lui Mirror: *sniff* Me..... See.......in.......mirror?



Hanna: Lui...I...I'll get you out of this! DJ, I...I don’t know what to do!!! What should I do?!?!



DJ: Take the mirror off the wall and run for the elevator! Is it stuck?



Hanna: No, I got it! *takes the mirror and heads toward elevator* How much time do we have left?



DJ: Less than 1.5 minutes! Can you make it in time?



Hanna: I can. Will you?



DJ: Yeah, I'm headed toward the emergency vehicle door...it's about 60 seconds away from here. Is the elevator working?



Hanna: Yes, I'm almost out! Be safe, alright?



DJ: Ok, I'll try...you too! Meet you around the giant boulder in the front?



Hanna: Right! We're almost out Lui...

This is all my fault! None of this was ever supposed to happen! I went off and put myself and everyone I care for at risk!!! Was it even worth it?!



DJ: Well, considering you saved us, defeated EO....EO?!?!??! I have to go back and get him out of here!!! Do I have the time?



Hanna: You forgot him?! We can't leave him here, but I don't know if you would survive if you went back... Where are you right now?



DJ: I'm heading back to get him; I'll go as fast as I can! Are you out yet?



Hanna: The doors just opened! Yeeouch, it's bright out here... Are you alright, Lui? All things considered...



Lui Mirror: Better...now that....I'm outside.... DJ.....ok?



Hanna: I..I hope so... There's always hope, right?



Lui Mirror: Always...hope....even for.....you

Are.....ok?



Hanna: *Sadly smiles* No, but I'll be all right... *sniff* Do you think I should go back for him?



Lui Mirror: No...you....just.....hurt too..... ......Destruct......kill?



Hanna: I don't know...it was only supposed to be in the dungeon... If DJ doesn't show up soon, I'm going back for them. I have to...I can't leave them there...but I can't just leave you here either. Lui...back when I was....

...why did you still...

...how could you still believe in me?



Lui Mirror: Special...power...can tell...good......inside people. You.....still had......good..... Why....you......doubt?



Hanna: ... Nobody...should have a friend that betrays them... it hurts. It hurts too deep. You start to feel that you can't trust anyone anymore. You become...empty… cold... and lost. Nobody should become that way... True friends...true friends don't do that to each other... Maybe it would have been better if you two had never met me... What do you think?



Lui Mirror: No! Would....rather....die.....than....forget. DJ....say.....same?



Hanna: *Starts crying* Lui, stop it! Look, you're trapped in a mirror with the possibility of never getting out and DJ's inside a castle that's about to blow him to bits!!! All of this is because of me! I did this! How could you still possibly say that I'm worth keeping as a friend?!



Lui Mirror: *Sheds tear* No.....want.......be......friend?



Hanna: Don't cry...please don't cry... *takes a deep breath* I...I still want to be your friend....but why do you still want me to be your friend?



Lui Mirror: Just.....because......one.....mistake......not......worth.....throw away......friendship.....


Extremely loud computed voice: 10, 9, 8, 7, ...


Lui Mirror: DJ?



Hanna: DJ.... NOOOOOO!!! DJ!!! Where are you?!?!



DJ: *staggers out of burning castle holding EO over shoulder* Hanna? Lui? *collapses on ground 50 feet outside fire*



Hanna: DJ, DJ! YOU'RE ALIVE!!! Never do that again!!! Promise?!



DJ: *coughs violently* Got it... Is Lui ok?



Hanna: He's out of the castle, but not out of the mirror... Are you alright?



DJ: Well, I think so...although I probably have many minor cuts and burns. What should we do about EO DJ?



Hanna: I think he'll be fine... unless he's partially melted or something... Are you sure you're all right? I shouldn't have let you go back...



DJ: Well, *cough* I couldn't just let part of me die, could I? I had to rescue him...justice needs to be done still. More importantly, what will we do about Lui?



Hanna: I meant that I should have gone... I don't know what to do...he's...he's just...in a mirror.... Do you have any ideas?



DJ: I have no idea whatsoever... Is there a book that says how to get people untrapped from mirrors? *Lui's image shows on the mirror now, but he is still trapped inside it*



Hanna: Lui....

How did EDJ get him in there to begin with?



DJ: Beats me...this is all craziness. Shall we use that snowmobile to get down the mountain?



Hanna: Yeah, we should get out of here and find a place to recuperate and think things through... DJ?

4 comments: