Thursday, October 22, 2009

Part Nine

Part Nine


Hanna: DJ? *Two mysterious girls walk up*

First girl: Seems to me your friend is passed out. Proly will be for a while.

Second girl: Maybe you should get him to a doctor. I am Abby. =D Shall we get him to a doctor?

First girl: I'm Misty. And you are?

Hanna: *Cautiously approaches* One defending those she loves... What do you want?

Abby: I came to see if you are okay. Are you?

Hanna: *somewhat angry* We're just fine! As long as you don't try anything... Who do you work for?!

Misty: ... I don't work for anyone. I come up this mountain every 2 years. Kinda a like a goal I have for myself. I've never made it to the top though. I try to get farther every time. And when I saw you two up here I thought I'd stop by and see if you needed anything. Do you?

Abby: Same with me Misty, I enjoy seeing the sights. So can me and Misty be of assistance?

Hanna: ...Perhaps this was a random encounter... How can I believe that two people would randomly climb Mt. Everest and be in the exact location with impeccable timing and not be up to something?

Misty: Oh yes. Definitely, err.. I don't know who Abby is. I just know who I am. I do find it interesting that we both got here though. Do you need any help?

Hanna: *Bitterly says* Like I said, we're just fine... Why are you so willing to "help" us?

Abby: Well then, okay. I guess we should leave then Misty. Nice meeting you. Because we want to. Why don't you trust us?

Hanna: Trust isn't exactly something I give away very easily... In fact; I don't trust anyone when my friends’ lives are at stake! What makes you think I would be willing to trust you?

Misty: I don't know. Because you are sitting here freezing with one friend in a mirror and another passed out I guess. You can search me if you want. I don't have anything on me. Do you want to?

Abby: I agree Misty, maybe it would help if she made sure we didn't have any weapons on us. *Leaves*

Hanna: The...the truth is... I... wouldn't be able to fight you now...even if you had weapons. I wouldn't have told you this, but... I have to get my friends out of here, it's too cold for them way up here. I'm sorry...it's just...I have to get them out of here...now. Will...will you....um...help me?

Misty: Yeah I noticed, but I stink at fighting so I proly would have lost anyway. Yeah it is too cold. Sure, I'll help. What do you need me to do?

Hanna: It is still very difficult for me to trust you... I need you to take one of the snowmobiles and help me get them to safe place... All right?

Misty: I don't blame you. Will you be coming?

Hanna: Of course! I wouldn't let them out of my sight for a moment! I just have to do something first.... *Walks over to EDJ and covers him in a few thick layers of ice* *Whispers to self* I can't let you get away...never. *walks back* So, do you think you can take my friend on your snowmobile, the unconscious one? I...I can't risk anything happening to… *looks back at mirror* ...him. *Turns back to Misty* I WILL be watching you...at ALL times. Do you understand?

Misty: Err... Why did you cover that one with ice??? Oh yeah. I can deal with that. Don't worry, I drive these things all the time. But we have to get him warm now. So how about we take him down to my cabin? It's right around the middle of the mountain. What about the one in the mirror?

Hanna: The one in ice is none of your concern. I would have done it in secret, but I won't leave my friends. I'll take my friend in the mirror on the other snowmobile.

Misty: ... Ok whatever. But we shouldn't leave him frozen in the ice. He will probably die. And then what will happen to your friends (aka his others)? If he dies who knows what would happen to him. It could end up really bad.

Hanna: He won't die. Leave it at that. Who else stays in your cabin?

Misty: No one, just me. And don't worry. It's got electricity and running water and such. Why do you ask?

Hanna: I just need some place to keep them safe...without anyone else around... Don't worry, if this goes smoothly, you won't become involved any more than you already are... Why....why are you helping me?

Abby: *Returns* I am back. I wanted to make sure we were the only ones on the mountain for a few miles. She is helping you because it’s the right thing to do who wouldn't help in a friend in need?

Hanna: Friend? I would highly recommend not becoming my friend; it would only cause you unnecessary sorrow...

DJ: *Wakes up* I'm back. What happened while I was passed out?

Hanna: DJ, you had me worried! These people have willingly agreed to help us... Though whether we should trust them or not seems to be an issue... Are you alright?

DJ: Yes, I seem to be fine...although I had the strangest dream of visiting a place called 'Washington D.C.'... What kind of services do these people offer?

Hanna: Whoa, you must have been really out of it... The one calling herself “Misty” says that we can use her cabin to warm up; it's pretty cold up here for you and Lui. I didn't know what else to do... Do you think we should trust her?

DJ: As long as it's not the evil Misty I've heard about so much, it should be ok. Say the word 'hay' in front of her, and as long as she doesn't break out into laughter, it's the real one. How long was I knocked out?

Hanna: No more than a couple hours I believe, though I could be mistaken. Are you sure you're all right?

DJ: Positive! How's EO? And Lui?

Hanna: I just covered EDJ in a few more layers of ice. And Lui... he's... *sigh* ... nothing's changed.... Do you think we will ever be able to get him out?

DJ: There must be some way... *mumbles to self* up....is....down... *momentarily loses awareness of surroundings* Huh?

Hanna: DJ? DJ, snap out of it. What are you thinking?

DJ: I'm not sure what I'm thinking...my mind isn't working too well right now for some reason. ......Luke, I am your father.......? What's wrong with me???

Hanna: DJ! We have to get you off this mountain right NOW! You told me you were alright... Are you still so certain?

Misty: Certain about what? And it's not hay, it's "straw". And she doesn't laugh, she freaks out! Don't ask me why. Do you really think I'm the evil one?

DJ: Evil Misty?!?! What are you doing here?!?!?!

Hanna: It's her?!! I should have known! What ARE you doing here??!!

Misty: I'm not the evil one! I'm the good one. If I were the evil one I wouldn't have said straw would I?

DJ: You...should get out of here before I send you to where EO will be going! Where's that?

Misty: What are you both talking about? How can I prove I'm not the evil one?

DJ: Hm..... Hanna?

Hanna: Hmm... Straw?

Misty: *blinks* umm.. Why would I need a straw? I don't have a drink. See? Now let me show you something. *takes out phone* OK here she is. She can here you. Now you say *whispers* straw. Ok?

DJ: STRAW!!!!!!!!!!! I can't hear the other end...did she do anything?

Misty: *screaming is heard on phone* HELP! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! *then hangs up* See?

Hanna: I guess... DJ, what do you think?

DJ: Hmm....I'm not thoroughly convinced that this isn't some sort of trick. ..........Strider!............ Was I ok to begin with?

Misty: Ok, then you think of a better way to prove it. Any ideas?

Hanna: I...I don't ...know... *Turns to mirror* LUI!!! Is DJ all right?

Lui Mirror: DJ??? ok....maybe...... Misty.....good Fix...?

Misty: Well at least someone believes me. Thanks. hmmm... I'm thinking. Can you walk around in there?

Lui Mirror: No..... Hanna?

Hanna: Huh? ....Yes... Lui... What is it?

Lui Mirror: We...get.... off.....mountain?

Hanna: *Gasp* Right, sorry! Misty, can you direct us to your cabin? Misty? Where'd she go?

DJ: Yes...I think the cold is playing with my mind! Misty?

Hanna: Maybe she ran away.... What should we do with EDJ?

DJ: Hmm...we could just push him down the mountain. Or we could use him as a sled... Or should we try to go find that cabin?

Hanna: Maybe he will be fine where he is at now... I say we go look for that cabin, the cold doesn't bother me as much as it bothers you. I don't know about Lui though...

Lui: I'm....ok....I....guess...as....long.........as......I don't......crack....

Hanna: DJ? DJ: Yes?

Misty: I'm here. Sorry about that. I was thinking about something. The cabin is just down there. Ready to go?

Hanna: Uh, never mind. I'll tell you later. Let's go. Where is it Misty?

Misty: This way. Just be careful of the trees. I had to put it there because of the castle. My old ones were always getting destroyed. Hop on Dj or Lui. I'm not really sure which one I'm taking. *Goes forward then turns left* You still there?

Hanna: *picks up mirror* Right behind you.

Lui: Thank you...

Hanna: How far is it?

DJ: Yeah... But, what are we riding again?

Misty: Snowmobiles. And we are here. Not too far. Let’s put the mobiles under the bushes. That sound good?

Hanna: ...So far. How are you feeling now, DJ?

DJ: Ok, I guess...as long as I get out of this cold soon. Misty, why aren't you affected by the cold?

Misty: Well if you hadn't noticed all the jackets I'm wearing.... there's what 7? Also I come up here every few years so I'm used to it now I guess. I'll go get some wood ok? The doors open.

Hanna: Ah, she's gone again... Maybe we can finally talk in peace, eh?

DJ: Hehe...it might appear that way! Unless the cabin is infested with traps?

Hanna: I..I wanted to... apologize about what happened. It was I who got you into this... Remember?

DJ: You are completely forgiven! Don't worry about what's already happened, we have enough to think about now... Right?

Misty: *walks in with big pile of wood* Ooff, right. Hanna, while I put these in the fireplace can you get the matches out of the cabinet right there?

Hanna: *ignores Misty* I know, but I keep thinking about it... I...I gave up hope. I doubted you...and I doubted myself. I doubted that evil could ever be defeated. I shouldn't think like that, should I?

DJ: *calls to Misty* Sure, I'll get them... Well, sometimes I think that way too...but I just have to remember that we're doing it the right way. Does that make any sense?

Hanna: I.. guess. I wanted to thank you and Lui....for coming for me...even if I did get you into this mess... Is there anyway that I can make it up to you?

DJ: It's already taken care of. Are we ok?

Hanna: .... What do you mean it's taken care of?

DJ: You don't need to do anything to re-earn our friendship...I guess that's what I meant. Was there anything that I forgot?

Hanna: Not that I know of... So, we're still friends? After all that's happened?

DJ: Of course, how could I just throw away a friendship so valuable after a small lapse of judgment? Is this a fault of mine to be so trusting?

Hanna: No, it's a fault of mine to not have enough trust... Why do you consider friendship with me valuable? All I do is almost get you killed...

DJ: Not to mention your coming here to our rescue and all the good times we enjoyed conversing about anything! And the way you care for Lui, even in his condition... Speaking of Lui...what should we do with him here?

Hanna: Thank you... It makes me very happy to be able to call you two my friends. I suppose we should try to think of different ways to get him out, right?

DJ: That sounds good. What kind of professional advice could be possibly available?

Hanna: We could check out some of the books in this place, you never know what you can find in old hidden cabins... Have you warmed up yet?

DJ: Enough so that I'm ready to explore the cabin... Where should we start?

Hanna: I guess I'll start on that bookcase over there. Maybe could check that one on that side of the room... How does that sound?

DJ: Sure, that sounds good. *Scans titles of books* How about this one? *picks up one entitled "Haunted Mountains: Fact or Fiction?"*

Hanna: I don't think that will help very much... *searches through piles of stacked up books* Hmm I don't suppose the story of Snow White would help, would it? Oooo, this one looks interesting!

DJ: Hmm... only if Lui spoke completely in rhyme. What is it?

Hanna: *Reads through sections of the apparently interesting book* Huh? Oh, sorry. It's Hamlet… *quickly places book back on shelf and continues searching* Hmm... cookbooks, campfire stories... How about "Good vs. Evil: Tricks of the Trade"

DJ: Hmm...that sounds pretty good, let's set that one aside for now. How about "Beauty and the Beast"? Nah, that couldn't be any good...could it? Or, "Eyes of Elijah"?

Hanna: Hmm... I don't know. Just set them aside if you think they'll help...

Misty: Woah, sorry I was out of it I guess. What are you looking for?

DJ: Umm...nothing! Really! Right, Hanna?

Misty: ... That was weird. Are you still cold or something? Because something tells me your nervous or something.

Hanna: *continues ignoring Misty* Do you think "Through the Looking Glass" would help at all? I've read the book before. There are some pretty crazy things in there....

Misty: Are you looking for a book to help your friend?

DJ: Umm....maybe!!!! That sounds like a distinct possibility. Is that ok?

Hanna: It is her cabin. Right?

Misty: Is what ok? Looking through the books? Sure go ahead. But I might recommend one of these. *grabs books out of safe* They flew out of the castle when it blew up I guess. I didn't want EDJ to get them so I locked them in here. One’s a diary I think. Hehe, says he's scared of mice. Strange isn't it? Anyway go ahead and look through these if you want.

Hanna: Weird.... You read through someone else's diary?

Misty: ... Welll... maybe. Ok, ok. Yes. I thought I might find some proof to get him in jail so he would stop destroying my cabins! But sadly, nothing but him trying to find ways to get rid of all the mice. How about this one "What to do if stuck in mirror"? Think that would do it?

DJ: He's afraid of mice?!?!?!?!?!? Weird... But, did you feel that it was wrong to read that?

Misty: hmmm... maybe a little. but like I said, I wanted him to stop blowing up my cabins. That's why I was only able to come every 2 years. Because that's when he goes on vacation. But I guess he decided not to this year or something. I don’t know. *gulp* I'm not in trouble am I?

DJ: Only if he finds out...and that would be pretty hard in his present condition! Wouldn't it?

Misty: Yeah. I guess so. Anyway. What about the book? The one with the chapter "What to do if stuck in mirror"?

Hanna: I think we should check it out... DJ?

DJ: Hmm, that might work...but I think it could also be a trap designed by EO and/or Evil Misty... Is that also possible?

Misty: hmmm... I don’t know about Evil DJ. But I know Evil Misty isn't smart enough to write a book to trick people. What do you think about Evil DJ? Could he have done it?

Hanna: Hmm... True. It's too simple. What should we do?

Misty: hmmm.. I could take it outside and look at it. You could watch through the window and see if anything happens. That way if something does happen it will happen to me instead of one of you guys. How's that sound?

DJ: You would be willing to turn yourself into a mirror for us?!?!?!? I don't think so... Maybe we could try it on EO?

Hanna: I said I wouldn't get you involved.... What does that mean to you?! I'll take it!

Misty: It might save Lui though. And how do we get EDJ to do it? He's in ice remember? Wait wouldn't get who involved? And I don't quite understand your last statement.

Hanna: I said I wouldn't get you involved, Misty. Remember?

Misty: ... Not really. but I don't care anymore. I want to help. Can I? Please?

Hanna: Fine... But then what do we do if it is a trap?

Misty: Besides, you need to be here to help them. And DJ needs to be here to help you with Lui. And I, well, I don't really have goals anymore since I've climbed the mountain. hmmm.. What do you think DJ? Or Lui?

DJ: *Sits down on cabin bench* I don't like this idea...what if it really is a trap???? What would happen to you, Misty? Then we would just have 2 mirrors...

Misty: Well, then maybe I could tell you guys how to fix it since I would be on the inside. I don’t know. There isn't really other books that can help is there?

DJ: ...not that I can tell. Should we wait and find a bigger selection of resources before we try anything?

Misty: hmmm... I don't know. How's Lui doing?

Lui mirror: Ok.....but......trapped.....still..... You.......help.....?

Misty: Sorry Lui. I'll try! Is there anything you can tell us about what's in there that might help?

Lui mirror: Chains.....glass....broken...... That......help?

Hanna: Lui.....are you saying that the only way we're going to get you out of there is to… break the mirror?

Lui mirror: I......don't........know.... *moves a little inside mirror* You......see.....me?

Hanna: Yes. I...I see you. DJ, if we can't find a solution I will either open that book myself or go get EDJ and bring him here! What else is there to do?!?

DJ: Want to try it on EO first? I bet he would make a lovely picture... What do you say?

Hanna: I guess I'll go get him... *begins walking out the door* We're going to get you out, Lui.

5 comments:

  1. I have to say the dialouge confizzled me BUT I am sure the story is GREAT! Even though....you where mean :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, do forgive me Millard. Please? *Puppy-dog eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, puppydog eyes are the best...
    I must admit, your story is FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, Misty definitely played comic relief this chapter.

    ReplyDelete