Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Part Eighteen

Part Eighteen



EO: Wait, is this the portal to the mystical other world, Thorae?

Heroic voice: Yes it is! Remind me to thank you later!
*Person with dark hair runs past them to the portal* You coming or what? *Steps into portal*

EO: Umm, yeah I guess. *steps into portal* Who are you?

Heroic guy: None of your business, you evil other! What’s it to YOU anyway?

Hairam: Evil other? What are you talking about?

Heroic guy: That guy over there. He's evil DJ, right?

Hairam: No, he's not... he can't be! Who are you?!

Heroic guy: The name's Brady. I've got business in Thorae. Do you?

Hairam: I'm not quite sure. I'm looking for someone. Are you sure this is Evil DJ?

Brady: Well it certainly isn't DJ. And who else would have anything to do up here? Will you come with me then? I know my way around the place.

Hairam: If this guy really IS EDJ then there is no reason to go with... *looks around* Where did he go?!?

Brady: *sigh* Let's go while he's gone. He'll be a burden wherever he goes. What's your name, fox-girl?

Hairam: Sorry about that, my name is Hairam. Where are we going?

Brady: To Thorae. I'm looking for someone, too. Do you want to search together?

Hairam: Ok.


*scene switches to Thoraen group*

Ace: The Latum Forest is a place of legend. It is said the trees there can hear.

Naomi: And on occasions, speak...

Ace: Do you have speaking trees on Earth?


Hanna: That's somewhat a debatable question. There might be, but until I meet one I would say no. How long do you think it will take us to get through?

DJ: Good question...I was wondering the same thing. Talking trees?!?!?!?

Naomi: I always go there to get more ingredients for my coffee and they've never talked to me.

Ace: It's just a myth. Anyway, the forest begins about a mile west of here.

Naomi: Actually, it's up this ice shelf right here. We'll have to climb up it. You brought climbing gear, right?
*subtly takes of shoulder pouch. Pulls out hoists and grip gloves.*

Hanna: I won't need it. You have any climbing gear for DJ? I could try air-lifting him, though I'm doubtful about how far I'll get.

Naomi: Teehee! I don't need it, silly, and neither does Ace. This is for DJ. Though I forgot you had wings...


Ace: These woods certainly hold some ill will I have not felt in quite some time...I wonder... Do you know of this Hairam person being in Thorae at all?

DJ: I feel strange now that you mention it... Perhaps EO is here too?

Ace: I feel a presence I haven't felt in months. And I don't like it. Let's get up this shelf as soon as possible.


Naomi: Evil DJ is so daring...I love it! Why didn't you bring him with you? >:(

Hanna: I would not take that kind of risk, he's dangerous. Aggravatingly annoying, yes, but dangerous all the same. There could be disastrous results if he is here. Why would Hairam be here?

Ace: She should be searching for you at this point. I can feel it. She is worried for you. If she knew you were here, she also would have come here. We're almost to the top. I hope you brought some kind of sword other than that Ice Sword of yours. Later it will really matter. Did you bring something else?

Hanna: Umm... no. I don't have another sword, sorry. Hairam is....really here? Ember said that Hairam thought I was dead.

Ace: If she was truly your friend then she would find out for herself, I would like to think.

Naomi: Here we are. The eastern entrance to Latum Forest. Keep your wits about you in here, ok?

Hanna: Fine by me.


DJ: You got it Naomi...I'll be paying close attention to my surroundings. Is it a very big forest?

Naomi: It's not a very big forest to the southwest, however, it expands for miles in the north and northwest. We are, unfortunately going through the northwest, which I have only ventured to once.

Ace: It'll be worth it, though. If we go southwest then we will eventually have to pass Gaea Rift at it's largest point where there is no bridge. The forest should be the least of our worries. A few feral beasts here and there, maybe, but nothing we can't handle. Let's enter now.

*They take a few steps into the forest. The snow begins to turn to slush, and slush to water, and it is absorbed by the spongy ground*

Naomi: Yechk. This time of year the east entrance is nothing but a big swamp.

Ace: No worries, I'll use my rock abilities to harden the ground here.

*holds right arm parallel to the ground* *mud begins to instantly dry and harden*

Ace: There. It should be easier to cross now.


Hanna: Aww, I like slush.

Naomi: By the way, did any of you notice what happened to Misty?

Hanna: Misty must have disappeared again. Where do you think she keeps going?

Ace: I thought you sent her on a mission, Lady Naomi.

Naomi: I did no such thing!

Ace: I'm sure she'll be fine, anyway.


*growling in heard from a nearby bush*

Naomi: What was that?

Hanna: I have no idea. *draws sword* What kind of animals did you say roam these parts?

Ace: Wolves do hunt here at night...but...

Naomi: This is no wolf... *tiger-like animal jumps from the bushes and pins Naomi on the ground*

Ace: Uh-oh!! *Ace lifts the beast off her and tosses it against a tree.* Take that! A little help?


Hanna: Certainly! *Rushes toward the creature ready to strike with sword* Yeeeeeaaaaah!!!! *Slashes several times* What IS this thing?!?!

Ace: Never seen it before in my life! *stabs the beast* *beast screeches loudly*

Naomi: *covers ears* Silence!! *blast several dozen fireballs* *tiger thing begins to run*

Voice from behind: NO!!! Why are you running away?! You dumb thing!!!

Ace: Who are YOU?!

Sneering youth: It doesn't matter who I am, ‘cause I've got all your money! *Hold up Hanna's billfold* What're you gonna do about it? Hahahaha! *runs away*

Hanna: .....was that mine? *checks belongings* Hey, that IS mine!!! Why that sneaky little pest!! Too bad for him though, I'm not accustomed to carrying large amounts of cash on my person. Do you want to continue or do you want to go hunt down the thief? Personally, I'd rather continue.

Ace: Let's forget about him. I trust you have more money on your credit card, anyway.

Naomi: He must have grabbed your wallet while you were distracted with the tiger thing. I hope we don't run into anymore bandits on the way, right?

Hanna: Indeed. *sheathes sword and resumes walking* So, Naomi, you say you've been here before?

*Misty walks up*

Misty: I'm here. I've been here the whole time. Just a little bit behind ya'll. Sorry bout that. I was thinking. Oh by the way. I ran in to some guy that had a bag of money in his hand. It looked like yours Hanna, so I took it. Is it? *holds out bag for Hanna to see*

Hanna: Yes. *Slowly takes it from Misty* Umm... you didn't have to do that... thank you. How did you get up that wall back there?

Misty: Easily. If you go to the side there are stairs. Didn't you guys take those?

Hanna: Hmm... must have missed that.

Misty: Yeah I guess.

Hanna: Did you hear about EDJ and Hairam?

Misty: No. I thought EDJ was on Earth?

Hanna: Apparently Ace and DJ believe EDJ and a friend of mine are here.

Misty: But I thought he was stuck in ice? Strange.

Hanna: He must have escaped. I was hoping it would hold him longer than that.
You did see us fight Ember back there, right?

Misty: Yeah. Who was she?

Hanna: Ember said that she was the evil other of my best friend. She told me that Hairam thinks I'm dead. Do you think that's true? She could have been lying again...

Misty: I'm not sure. Sometimes I'm not sure what to think anymore. But I don't think she thinks that. What do you think?

Hanna: I think you put too many thinks in your sentence so now I'm not sure what I think you think she thinks... To answer your intended question, I'm afraid of what might happen if Hairam really thinks I'm dead.


Misty: I think that... oh forget it.

Hanna: Have you ever been in these parts before?

Misty: Nope, I've never been here. Where are we headed anyway? I thought we were headed to the portal! I'm so confused!

Hanna: We are... I think. What do you believe will happen if EDJ or Hairam finds us?

Misty: I think that a big fight will break out between DJ, EDJ, and maybe you too. Hairam will find you and be real happy to see you’re not dead. Oh and we will defeat EDJ once and for all. *laughs* What do you think?

Hanna: If only I were as optimistic... What makes you so optimistic all the time?

Misty: *shrugs* I don't know. It's better to be that then depressed all the time. Right?

Ace: *dismayed* This chattering is useless. Let's get a move on. I, personally, am hard-pressed for time.

Naomi: Oh...Ace...he's in Thorae isn't he? :(

Ace: Yes, definitely. And close, too. I really hoped we'd at least have been across Gaea Rift by now...And someone else is with him... Did you say someone was looking for you, Hanna?

Misty: errr... we were walking while talking. Duh! Where are we headed? I thought we were going to the portal.


*EDJ, now inside Thorae*

EO talking to self: Now, if I were DJ, where would I go?


*back to group*

DJ: I think we're going to the portal on the other side of Thorae...not the one we came through originally. Would that be more reasonable, considering the direction we're traveling?

Misty: That would make more sense. Because I don't remember passing through here when we first arrived.


Ace: Lady Naomi, I think I've found the plant you've been looking for....Lady Naomi? *Looks around the group* Did any of you notice where Naomi went?

Hanna: Uhh... no. *looks around* This isn't good, is it?

Ace: No, it isn't. Listen....take this cell phone and dial 1 if I'm not back in an hour or you get out of the forest. Just keep going. I'll catch up to you later...Oh, and if I don't pick up..........I died.

*runs off and shouts from a distance* And don't tell anybody by the name of Brady where I am! Remember, just keep going, ok?

Hanna: Umm... sure thing. *Quizzically looks at the cell phone* .....what a bizarre day..... Anyway, I guess we just keep going then. *continues walking* I wonder what he meant by this Brady person...


*scene once again switches to the party of Brady and Hairam.*

Brady: Look...footprints. Fresh, too. Only about a few hours old...yep. They're heading west. *Mutters under breath* You've made quite some terrible time, Ace, for you to be THIS close. So, your name is Hairam, is it? *smiles nicely*

Hairam: Um... yes. And yours is Brady, right?

Brady: Yup. So you're looking for someone by the name of Hanna...can't say that I've met any significant Hannas lately. Tell me...what would you do if you did find her?

Hairam: If I do find her, I don't know. I came to help her, but I don't know if she is even alive anymore. I hope she is, but I don't know. Do you think she is still alive?

Brady: If she's with Ace, then she's alive. Trust me. *assuring smile* *whispers* Don't do anything stupid, Ace. And Jester better be with you.
Back there is the HQ of my other's occupation. Up ahead is Latum Forest, right on top of that ice shelf. How good are you at climbing?

Hairam: Pretty good. Is Ace your other?

Brady: Yeah. He stole something from me. I'm trying to get it back... Oh and I just remembered never mind the climbing thing. There are stairs right....over....here. Come on. We don't have much time.
*climbs stairs quickly. Steps inside the forest* Hmmm...the ground has been hardened. It's usually a frothing bog this time of year. Ace must have done this. They have a big party, I can tell. They've been really slow. And I also saw evidence of a fight back there. There was blood and ash. Do you by chance know someone with the fire element?

Hairam: Other than me, no. Do you think my evil other knows I'm here?

Brady: I hope not. Seems everyone has an evil other these days. Not even an hour ago Ace's party came through here. Fools. They are heading through the Northwest of the forest. It will be easy to cut them off from there.

Familiar voice: Hey! You!

Brady: Hmm? Who are you and what do you want?

Bandit: Can I ask you a favor?

Brady: We're a bit busy at the moment. Go away.

Bandit: I know who you're talking about...

Brady: What?

Bandit: I know this Ace guy and his party. They passed by here not too long ago. I can tell you which way they went....

Brady: Then tell me.

Bandit: That's where the favor comes in. You see... he stole something from me. Very precious....and--

Brady: We're doing fine without your help. I happen to be an expert tracker. Now go away.

*shocks the bandit against a tree with a beam of purple lightning.*

Brady: You think I'm gonna fall for a trick like that? Let's go, Hairam. We're wasting time with this guy. *Runs for a while* Do you know Hanna's purposes for being in Thorae?

Hairam: No. It must have been something very important for her to go so long without contacting me. Maybe she's trying to help someone? She doesn't like quitting when she knows someone needs her help.

Brady: Maybe so...wait. I hear someone....Don't move. Who's there?

Faint voice: h-help..m-mee....

Brady: They're close. *turns around* *sees Naomi tangled in vines against a tree* Naomi?! Hang on! I'll get you down! Hey, Hairam, can you burn the roots of this tree for me?

Hairam: Sure. *Burns roots* Is she a friend of yours?

*vines become dry and brittle*
Brady: Sure, you could say that. Thanks. Hold on, Naomi...*slashes vines. Naomi falls into Brady's arms* Gotcha. Naomi, are you ok?

Naomi: ....I...what happened...who are...you?

Brady: You don't remember me?

Naomi: Brady...? Is that you?

Brady: What happened? Are you alright?

Naomi: I was...walking with Ace and the others...

Brady: Here. Drink this. *hands Naomi a vial filled with a thick liquid*

Naomi: *sigh* Ahhh...thank you. That's better. *stares at Brady for a while* Ummm...you can put me down now...*blushes*

Brady: *a bit flustered* Oh, umm, right. *lets go of Naomi* Sorry 'bout that. Which way did Ace and his party go?

Naomi: We were heading northwest, when all of a sudden this tree's vines just snatched me up out of nowhere!

Brady: Ace probably came back to look for you. We should just wait for him, then. Wait...do you hear something?

*Hairam's fox ears pick up the sound*

Hairam: Yes, I can't quite tell what it is though. What do you think it is?

Brady: I think it's Ace. Let's listen...

Naomi: ...*perks one ear up and folds the other down to hear better, rather playfully* It IS Ace. He's calling for me. Should I answer?

Brady: No, let him come to us. He's on our path.

Naomi: *whispers* You're Hairam, right?

Hairam: Yes. Were you with Hanna?

Naomi: Yeah. I've heard so much about you. Nice to finally meet you! I'm Naomi. Leader of the Rebellion of Thorae.

Brady: Here he comes...*Castora's Edge begins glowing* Should we ambush him?

Ace: Naoooooomiiiii?!

Hairam: *Whispers* He sounds worried. Why do you dislike him so much?

Brady: I don't dislike him, but we need to ambush him or he'll run away.

Naomi: Are you two ready, then?

Brady: Yeah...

Hairam: Uh... sure. *Readies bow and a few arrows* He's here.

Brady: Aaaaaace!!! *jumps at Ace and pins him down*

Ace: What?! I knew it! I knew you were here! Grrrrr! And who's that with you?!

Hairam: Who, me? I'm Hairam. Where's Hanna?


*EO, who, after having departed previously, attaches set of artificially grown wings to back*

EO: Wow, it's been so long since I've been here! The forest has grown quite a bit since I left... Ok DJ, where are you?

Ah, is that him down there in that clearing? Yes, it is him, and it would seem that both Hanna and Misty are with him...I think I'll just land a few hundred yards away where I can get close without being detected. But what is he doing in the forest?


Hanna: I wonder if Ace found Naomi yet. Maybe one of us should have gone with him. Do you think we should call him?

DJ: It might be a good idea... Has it already been an hour?

Hanna: I'm not entirely sure. It could seem like hours when, in actuality, it could have only been minutes. Do you think we're almost out of this forest yet?

DJ: Yeah, it seems a little brighter through those trees over there. *suddenly gets cold chills throughout entire body* What's happening????

Hanna: *Stops* DJ? Are you ok? What's wrong?

DJ: EO.....he's here, I can feel it. He's close too...we've got to hurry! How did he find us?

Hanna: I don't know. He better know what kind of load of pain he's in for... Be careful, alright?

Misty: Yeah DJ, be careful! I think we should more then ever now. What do you think, Hanna?

Hanna: Especially now. You're still coming with us, Misty?

Misty: Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?

Hanna: I'm just surprised that you're still helping someone you hardly know.

Misty: Yeah well, I don't know. *thinks to self* I just don't want anyone else hurt by their other.

Hanna: You ready?

Misty: Yeah I'm ready. Should we continue without Ace?

Hanna: He told us to, but I'm starting to worry. Someone with his abilities would not take so long. Do you think I should call him now?

Misty: *checks watch* It has been an hour. *Pulls phone out of bag* Here. *hands phone to Hanna* Which button do you press?

Hanna: I think he said to dial 1. *Hands phone back to Misty* You do it.

Misty: Ok. *dials*

*ring, ring. Answering machine picks up* "Hi, this is Ace. I'm not available right now because I'm either fighting monsters or running for my life. So just try back later"

Misty: He's not answering. Do you think he's in trouble?

Hanna: ....That....is not good. He said that if he didn't pick up that he was..... This is bad. What should we do?

Misty: I don't know. Maybe we should go find him? What do you think?

Hanna: We're almost out of the forest. Let's walk a little bit and wait on the other side. If he doesn't show up soon, I'll go back. Fair enough?

Misty: Ok that works. What do you think is on the other side?

Hanna: Less trees for one thing. I think Ace said there was some sort of rift that we had to cross. Things seem to be getting far more complicated, wouldn't you agree?

Misty: Most definitely. What do you think Lui is doing right now?

Hanna: I can only imagine what he must be going through... *looks down and says quietly* ...because of me. How much longer do you think he can survive in that thing?

Misty: What thing? I thought he was here? Ok now I'm REALLY confused!

Hanna: The portal/mirror thing. Wasn't he still in there?

Misty: I don't know anymore. I guess so. Are you as confused as I am?

Hanna: Possibly less so, no offense meant. What do you think happened to Naomi?

Misty: I don't know. Maybe she got kidnapped by the burglar! Hmmm... very unlikely though. What do you think happened?

1 comment:

  1. haha! part 18 was AWESOME!! lol i really can't wait for the next part... ;) lol
    SAtD

    ReplyDelete