Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Part Seventeen

Part Seventeen


Misty: Ready?

DJ: Ready whenever you two are! According to the map, it was at the very end of the hallway. Can you see it?

Misty: *squints* Nope it's a really long hallway. Guys I thought of something. What do we do if he (or she) is not there?

DJ: Oh...I never really thought of that. Without Ace, Jester, and Big Boss, do we stand a chance of rescuing Lui?

Hanna: It doesn't matter to me if we don't have any chance at all! I will do everything within my power to rescue him. I won't leave him there! You with me?

Misty: Yeah! what about you DJ?

DJ: I'm with you guys! Anything it takes to rescue Lui. What's our plan?

Hanna: At the moment, my plan is to walk through that door and see why this Big Boss wants to see us so badly. I'll possibly demand that he help us rescue Lui as well. Do you think the Big Boss might have a hidden reason for wanting to see us? Why else would he find our adventures so interesting?

DJ: Question # 1: Yes. Question # 2: Not sure, unless he thinks similarly to my EO... Ready to go see him?

Hanna: Most definitely. Shall we enter?

DJ: Yes, I believe we shall. *Walks toward door at far end of hall* Umm, do we just go in?

Voice from behind: Woohooo!

Other voice from behind: We're back! Did you miss us?


Hanna: Only your claim that you can get us where we need to go, other than that... no. Now what took you so long?!

Jester: We were held up on an emergency rescue mission.

Ace: Yeah, it was important for us but nothing that concerns you. So what are you up to? We haven't had the time to check up on you.

Hanna: We are right where you left us, heading toward this Big Boss person. Are we headed in the right direction?


Jester: No, unless you have to pee. Then go straight ahead.

Ace: Then let's go. It's the other way. Promise me one thing... you won't be shocked at the Boss' appearance, will you?

Hanna: I can promise you nothing, however I shall try my best to appear as if everything that has happened and will happen today is monotonously normal. Will that do?

Ace: Uhhh, sure...?

Jester: Enough messin around, lets go..... We're comin through the door now, walk carefully until your eyes adjust. It's really dark in here.

*Once all eyes are adjusted they see a throne with the back facing toward the party*

Soft voice, melodious voice: So you've finally brought them, no? Tell me, ones of Earth... can I truly reveal myself to dwellers of Earth?

Hanna: As you very well know, that is for you to decide. You had these Others bring us to you for a reason. May I ask why you wished to meet us?

Boss: I was watching you in this epic tale. It's almost like meeting a foreign celebrity.

*chair turns revealing a young girl no older than 16, with feline ears and a flicking tail dancing in the air. She is standing on the big chair.*

Boss: Call me Naomi. :) It is SO nice to meet you!

Jester: Is she not what you expected?

Hanna: Hmm... to tell you the truth, I didn't know what to expect. Seeing one like her does not surprise me at all, rather seeing her here is somewhat intriguing... Naomi, I very much appreciate your words. Since you are already quite up to date on the recent events, you know that it is my utmost priority to rescue a friend of mine. Can you help us?

Naomi: It surprises me it's not harder than this! No problem. And Jester, you get to stay here and run HQ while I'm gone for speaking out of turn! >:(

Jester: :( ....Whatever.

Naomi: Anyway, are you all packed and rested? It will be a long journey. I already have my stuff packed! :D

Hanna: I am willing to leave immediately; I am not sure about my companions though. They might want to rest some more. If you don’t mind my inquisitiveness, when did you begin watching us?

Naomi: Errr, hmm, it all seems so long ago...I believe it was getting interesting when you first turned evil. It was quite shocking to see, actually. I saw you fighting other people, and I thought you were pretty strong. As long as we're playing question tennis, how well do you cope with bad situations?

Hanna: Depends upon how bad the situation is really. Usually, I judge that by my friends' wellbeing. Why do you ask? Is the situation we're in now very bad?

Naomi: No, but it may become that way. I fear you might make a rash decision based on your friends well-being and not do the right thing. Do you take orders well, then?


Hanna: ….…

DJ: Hi, I'm back...had to use the restroom back there. So you're Big Boss?

Naomi: Hello! Yes I am, cutie!

Ace: Errr...*whispers to DJ* Sorry 'bout that. She's a little over-peppy.

Naomi: Do you want to rest before we set out?

DJ: Umm....no thanks, I'm all set. We've had quite enough time to rest waiting for Ace and Jester. How dangerous is this going to be?

Naomi: *eyes sparkle in anticipation* Haha! Very! >:D

Jester: *Mumbles* I hate it when she gets like this.

Naomi: Meet me at the entrance to Thorae, kay?

Ace: It's where we came in, I'll take you there, all right? Or would you prefer to go it alone?

Hanna: It's probably better that we go with you.

DJ: I agree with Hanna.

Hanna: Ready to go, CUTIE?

DJ: You weren't talking to me, were you?

Ace: I'm afraid she was.

Hanna: But of course! You don't see anyone else with such an adorable new nickname, do you?! *Snickers*

DJ: Why me...?????

Misty: *sigh* Poor DJ. I have no idea really.


Ace: Let's go.... *They leave the HQ with some strange looks shot at them*

Jester: Bye! Take care of Naomi for me, will ya?

DJ: You got it, I suppose.

Misty: Where are we headed anyway? I thought we were already in Thorae.

DJ: We are...we're headed to the entrance back to Earth now. Are you coming with us?

Misty: Oh ok. Yeah! Why are we going back? Don't we have to get Lui?

Hanna: I think that's why we're going back... What do you think we will do after we get there?

Misty: I don't know. What do you think?

Hanna: Hopefully something that will get Lui out. How long do you think it will take for us to get back there?

Misty: hmmm... just a few minutes once we get to the portal.

DJ: Ah, that's good! What are we going to do once we actually get to the portal?

Hanna: I guess we'll find out soon enough. *Sees Hairam in the distance* DJ, does that person up ahead look somewhat familiar to you?

DJ: If it's who I think it is... Do you think she's the same one we saw earlier?

Hanna: Only one way to find out! *Hanna and DJ walk closer* Hey, you! Imposter!

Hairam: *Smiles sweetly* Imposter? What are you talking about?

DJ: We're talking about you! Where's the real Hairam?

Hairam: *Giggles* Silly DJ, I AM the real Hairam. Really!

Hanna: Cut the act! You are not Hairam. You think I wouldn't recognize a fake when I see one?

Hairam: *Stops smiling* You...you don't believe me? Hanna, we're best friends... you don't believe your own friend?

DJ: Apparently not...and neither do I! What's going on here?

Hairam: *Smirks evilly* When you first walked up to me, I admit, most of what I told you was a lie. I am telling you the truth, however, when I say I am Hairam.

Hanna: You lie!

Hairam: Truly? Then tell me, why do you have such a hard time deciding that I am not Hairam? I can see the indecisiveness in your eyes! After all, you are best friends with Hairam…

DJ: Hmm... Should I leave and let you two settle this?

Hairam: Hmph, you should stick around, Hanna here can't do anything without her friends. Pathetic really, she strives so hard to protect them, yet she can do nothing without them. Such a loser.

Hanna: Who are you?!?!


DJ: Well, she certainly doesn't sound like the real Hairam... How can we settle this, 'Hairam'?

Hairam: For one, you can stop calling me that! The name's Ember. Second, you can get me out of here.

Hanna: What are you talking about?

DJ: Ember...so that's your real name! I assume you mean the Hairam disguise you're wearing?

Ember: Psh, hahaha, I wish! I'm her evil other!

Hanna: What? How is that possible? She...she keeps her evil inside...locked up ...like I do!

DJ: Wait...I thought that Hairam was an other of Hanna. How could an other have an other?

Ember: You thought what?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! What a loser! Hairam is Christina's other! And if you don't know who Christina is, you're even dumber than you look!

Hanna: Hey! Do NOT insult him like that! What's this deal with Hairam's evil being separate from her?

Ember: Ah, yes. She never told you! I was becoming for too much for her to handle on her own. Eventually, I escaped and became myself. Then she locked me up in a mirror. Little did she know that it was a portal that actually granted me access to this world.

Hanna: She would have told me if her evil escaped!

Ember: Nah, she would have never told you. You can't even control your own evil, can you?

DJ: Ha, that's where you're wrong, Ember! So you're Christina's other then, right?

Ace: Ok, who's Hairam? And Christina? Sounds like things that will complicate our mission even more. Naomi's gonna kill me for being late. Kindly explain what’s going on, will ya?

Ember: Certainly! I need you to help me escape this horrible place. It's no fun not being able to hurt people on Earth with feelings! Whether you like it or not, I'm coming with you!

Hanna: Never! No matter where or who you came from, we're not going to let someone as evil as you through!

Ember: Heh, try and stop me!

Hanna: My pleasure! *draws sword and addresses traveling company* Who wants to help me take her down?

Ace: 0_o Ummmm....ok? Listen. I don't know who you are, but if you're an enemy of Hanna, you're an enemy of mine. *Draws blade* *Blade glows golden* Yaaaah! *Dashes toward Ember with blinding speed and slashes, dealing the first blow* Who ARE you?!

Ember: *Blocks attack with a sword of her own* I am everything Hairam isn't! Good thing too, she's pathetic! *attacks and duels with Hanna* Her emotional stability is worse that yours! I wouldn't be surprised if she jumped off a bridge after what she saw on Everest!


Hanna: *Slashes at Ember* What do you mean? She never went to Everest!

Ember: *blocks* Not until after it was blown up, you mean. She came to help you and all she found was a smoking pile of rubble. She believes you're all dead! Hilarious isn't it?!

Ace: If Jester were here he might think so... It takes more to beat you, huh? *Jumps swiftly over Ember and kicks her* Sorry. I usually don't hit girls! Are you from Earth? *Slashes three times with deathly speed*

Ember: *blocks attack and kicks Ace* Of course I'm from Earth, you dweeb! Seriously, why are all the good guys so dense all the time? I mean, Hanna didn't even want to know about Hairam's well-being once she knew her precious Lui was in danger! Pitiful!

Hanna: *furiously battles Ember* How DARE you?! I'd give my life for Hairam!!! *starts freezing Ember* Let's finish this!!

Ember: I couldn't agree more! *the ice that was on her melts* I think you forgot about something... *blasts Hanna with a ball of fire* Why in the world did you befriend your own weakness?!

Ace: You...you're something else. Don't listen to people like this, Hanna! Just strike 'em down! Like this! *Sword becomes laser-like* Haaaa! *Hurls it at Ember and stabs her* *Ace jumps at Ember and pulls the sword out and up-slashes sending her several yards back*

Ember: AAAAAAGH!!!! *lands on the ground and gets up again*

Ace: How did someone as supposedly smart as you get stuck in Thorae? You simpleton!

Ember: Ugh... I already told you! That crazy Hairam locked me in some silly little mirror and I ended up here! Don't ask me why I can't get out by myself because I don't know! ...and don't insult me! *Sets Ace on fire*

Ace: GAH! *jumps into a river and quickly climbs out* I don't doubt this Hairam person wanted you out of her life.


Hanna: *Slashes Ember, knocking her down* Stop this nonsense!!! *holds sword to Ember's neck*

Ember: *Grins* You think that's going to stop me? *Suddenly vanishes*

Ace: Where did she go?

Hanna: *Looks around* I don't know... what happened? She was right here and then she...

*realization hits*AUGH! I don't believe this!! How could I be so brainless?!?! I completely forgot about Hairam's other power. I have flight, she has invisibility. She could be anywhere now! *sees some blood marks on the ground leading away from where Ember was last seen* Looks like she ran away... Are you all right, Ace?

Ace: I'm fine. Thanks. But we'll be late if we don't get to the entrance soon. Let her mess around. If she isn't bothering us then it's fine. She's stuck here. Let's go.

*They continue walking over the glaciers.*

Ace: Now, explain to me how you know this Hairam person, please?

Hanna: Right, sorry about that. I didn't mean to drag you into all that. Hairam is my best friend. We grew up together. She helped me through a lot of rough times. I couldn't have done very much without her. We're like sisters. Before I left to battle EDJ, I made her promise that she wouldn't come with me.... to protect her. *Sigh* Everything I do turns into a mess. Whenever I try to help, I just make things worse. Thanks for supporting me back there. Ember was right, I'm nothing without my friends... Do you think Hairam's okay?

Misty: I'm sure she is. Ember is an evil other so she was proly lying about Hairam not wanting you there... right?

DJ: I think she's ok...everything's been so crazy the last few days. What happened? Did Ember attack you guys while I stayed behind there?

Ace: Yes... she's strong, but she's not that strong...*closes eyes. speaks softly* I could have killed her... *looks to party* Were almost here. Just up this snow bank....

Naomi: You're LATE!!!

Ace: We were held up. Someone Hanna knew attacked us.

Naomi: You look pretty scratched up, Ace. I think Jester would have fought better.

Ace: ......I'm sorry...Lady Naomi.

Naomi: I was kidding...Well, anyway, the way we need to go is West. We are at the easternmost point of Thorae. The other entrance where Lui is trapped is on the western coast. Are you ready? We will be passing through Latum Forest...

DJ: Latum Forest? Sounds...different. What's it like?


*Meanwhile, back on Earth...*


EO: Haha! I've escaped this silly ice block! Hmm...what should I do now?

*Apparently talking to self* Hmm, I guess I should go find DJ and Hanna. Although I should probably get some sort of weapon first in case they attack me or something... Where am I going to get a weapon on this forsaken mountain?

Same annoying salesman from before: From me!!! Hello and welcome to the weapons emporium were weapons galore are to be sold here. Would you like this very big gun?

EO: Wow! How lucky is this??? I'm more of a sword person than a gun person... Do you have any gunblades?

Salesman: Nope, sorry, fresh out of gunblades. But I have swords, fire swords, mire swords, and even exclusive buyer swords! Please take a look at my highly refined wares. I also happen to sell a variety of lucky items.

EO: Fire swords sound pretty good, and I've heard they have good quality. What's a mire sword?

Salesman: It comes from the mires of a magic cave. It can control trees, grass and mud! Only $99.99. Cash only.

EO: Oh, well I don't really need that. How much is the fire sword?

Salesman: $49.53. But if you be a second one, you will get the second sword HALF OFF!!! Third is free. If you don't mind my asking, is there any reason in particular you need it? I may be able to help.

EO: Sure, I'll take three then. Just making sure I'm armed...going to see some people that I'm not sure trust me. You're willing to help?

Salesman: Here you go. Sure, by the way, are you looking for someone that looks like you? I saw someone who looks just like you but with a bunch of other people.

EO: You did? That's quite interesting...they must have met Jester already then. How many were with him?

Salesman: Um let’s see... ordinarily, I would charge you for this information. But since you bought more than anyone has, I'll tell you for free. There was a you-look-alike, a girl, another girl, except she looked scarier and even accused me of stealing from their group. So three, but they kept talking about how some other people were supposed to meet them.

EO: Hmm, thanks for the information! I'll have to keep that in mind. I think one of the other people they were going to meet is an old friend... Hey, can I get your number if I ever need to buy more equipment?

Salesman: I don't have one, but I do have a walkie-talkie. Here. Oh and by the way, I assume you will want to find them for revenge and all that, so go straight to the top, and take a left at the rock to get to an alternate dimension of some sort. That's how they got there.

EO: Thanks...I wasn't sure how to get there. I was just going to walk around until I found something. Do you know anything about 'haunted mirrors'?

Salesman: Nope.

EO: Ok, thanks for all the help...I'm going to go find that portal now.

Salesman: Good luck! *leaves*

EO: Thanks. Let's just hope they'll be friendly and I just spent 75 dollars for nothing...nice to have insurance though. Hmm, that portal's around here somewhere... Ah, is that it over there?

*A girl with fox ears and tail follows EDJ*

Fox girl: Are....are you? *points sword at EDJ* Who are you?

EO: That depends on who you ask... I don't think that sword will be necessary... Might I enquire as to who you are?

Fox girl: *lowers sword* I...I'm Hairam. I'm trying to find this person called EDJ. My best friend came looking for him and now she's... she's... *Slowly walks forward* Please, I need to find him. You... you don't know where he is....do you? Can you help me? Please?

EO: Sure, I think I can help you look for him. I'm looking for a friend of his as well... Why are you looking for him instead of your friend?

Hairam: *Clenches fist* She's... dead. I think he's responsible. Are you still going to help me?

EO: Sure...I never really got along with him anyway. Do you know where they are?

Hairam: No, I only know where...uh, someone else very evil is. Wait, what do you mean “they”? I though we were looking for EDJ.

EO: He and his friend, the one I'm looking for. I think they're together... Is that other very evil person where you think EDJ is?

Hairam: I think so, but I don't know. It doesn't seem possible. You never answered my question earlier, who are you?

EO: Ah yes, sorry about that. You may call me Zelgius. Will that suffice?

Hairam: I suppose so. I know how to get to where this evil person is. Do you want to try searching there?

EO: Sure, I'll accompany you. Where are we going?

Hairam: Umm... this is going to sound strange, but... You wouldn't happen to have a mirror with you, would you?

EO: A mirror? No, I don't believe so... Why do you ask?

Hairam: This evil person is trapped in a mirror. If we can find a good reflector, I think I can get us through. Wait I think I have a compact with me.... Found it, you ready?

EO: Umm, sure. Wait, is this the portal to the mystical other world, Thorae?

2 comments:

  1. O.O O.o uh oh... lol i don't think that last part is good.... (i mean, it is, well, hhhmmm... i mean it is a bad thing that they are teaming up together... ? lol
    Wonderfully done! lol unexpected twist at the end, which is awesome! lol

    ....am i making any sense? ah, well....
    SAtD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect sense! ^_^
    I'm glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete