Friday, October 23, 2009

Part Thirteen

Part Thirteen


DJ: Please be careful with him, ok?

Jester: Hmmm, yes. We used all our transportation power getting here. He's our only way back. Stand back. Everyone be forewarned: when we're passing through the portal, we will see Lui. He will be behind a wall and we cannot get through it from this side that is why we must go through the portal from the other world. By the way, be prepared from some shock, hehehe.

*Raises mirror and a beam of blue-ish white light is emitted from the mirror. A swirling vortex is revealed.*

Ace and Jester: ........*blank look on their faces as if it was nothing* Here we go! *all enter the portal*

Ace: Were inside the portal. Everyone okay?

DJ: *falls to one knee* Phew, that was tough! Hanna?

Hanna: I...I think ... I'm ok... *gets up off ground* I think I had a worse landing though... Do you guys do this every day or something?!?!

Jester: No. We'd have to be the Big Boss to have that much energy.

Ace: Did anyone see Lui while coming through the portal? Because I didn't, which is strange.

DJ: I caught a brief glimpse of him before I passed out. How long was I lying there?

Ace: Not long.

Jester: We'd best head to HQ, bro. Report to the Big Boss and all that good stuff.

Ace: Oh yeah. You guys want to meet Big Boss?

Hanna: Umm...I guess so. Will that help us get Lui out?

DJ: I would assume so, potentially. How far is it?

Ace: He said he wanted to meet you. Your adventures interested him. You mind if we stop there first?

DJ: That's fine, I suppose. Is it far out of the way?

Hanna: Who knows… Exactly how many people have been spying on us?!

Jester: Everyone in HQ after the boss realized you were in need of help. Does that bother you?

DJ: It's somewhat creepy to think about it... How long has it been then?

Ace: Since... EDJ convinced Hanna of her dark side. Does that sound like more than a coincidence?

Hanna: What?!! And you didn't do anything to help me then?!?!

DJ: Yeah, that seems somewhat strange... Why didn't you do something?

Ace: We were seeing what was to become of you. If you stayed evil we were to come and turn you good. You turned good again and it was called off until it was chance that the Big Boss saw Lui was trapped. If not for Big Boss, Lui would be gone forever. We're not far from HQ. It's just up this hill.

Jester: You ever think about that?

DJ: What, it being just up the hill or Lui being gone forever? Yes, I did think some about Lui being gone, but I knew that we wouldn't let it be that way. Right?

Hanna: Right. If that's what he was talking about then yes, I think about it all the time these days. He was probably amused with our predicament. Wouldn't you agree, DJ?

DJ: That depends on who you're talking about... Jester? Or Big Boss? Or both?

Hanna: Probably both. Do you think it annoys him when I call him Joker?

DJ: More than we could possibly know, I'm sure. Why do you think he's called Jester?

Hanna: Because he's a joke! Hahaha!!! Whoa! I think that portal trip messed me up a little... Now I'm worried.... Have I changed at all to you?

DJ: Perhaps it somehow reversed your attitudes slightly...you seem somewhat lighter now. Does it feel that way to you too?

Hanna: I'm not sure. I just noticed a difference. What do you mean lighter?

DJ: You seem less worried about things now, as if your powers have strengthened or your confidence has increased... Does that make sense?

Hanna: Maybe that nap on Everest helped. Remember, I hadn't had very much rest before that. I am still really worried about Lui though. Do you think we can help him?

DJ: I certainly hope so...although it would be easier if we had guides that didn't disappear every so often. Do you think this is a trap?

Hanna: We have no choice but to trust them, do we?

DJ: I suppose not...Jester could easily up and leave if we offend him. What do you think Big Boss is like?

Hanna: Seems to be someone who likes spying on people... Fine, I won't make so much fun of Jester, alright?

DJ: I would think that it's more us not trusting him that offends him than making fun of him...but at the same time he should know that our trust would be quite hard to earn at this time. What do you think of the other world so far?

Hanna: It's... different. I wasn't sure what to expect. You do realize that we should give them credit for not killing us while we were asleep, right?

DJ: That's true...at least we can conclude that they aren't interested in just killing us. Why are they so willing to help?

Hanna: That's the part that worries me... Where did they go?

DJ: It's almost like they have the power to vanish into thin air...almost like Lui did when we defeated EO... Wait, do they have EO or do we? I don't see him...

Hanna: Augh! If they defrost him, I'm just going to freeze him again! Do you think Lui's all right?

DJ: I don't know...Lui? What happened to the mirror? I haven't seen it since they used it to gain access to this alternate world...

Hanna: I hope he's okay. I promised him that I would get him out. No matter what, I have to get him out. Are you sure EDJ's not that dangerous?

DJ: In our world, he's little more than a Wormtongue. In this world, I have no idea what sort of powers he could possess. Do you think his powers could be different here?

Hanna: I hope not. Ah, but you remember, even Grima was dangerous. Let's take the optimistic view on this, shall we?

DJ: Let's see: EO is still encased in ice, forgotten at the entrance to this world; Lui's mirror is safely kept with Ace and Jester; Big Boss will be extremely helpful and cooperative with our mission; and finally, we don't have any problems setting Lui free. Sound about right?

Hanna: Sounds good to me. Do you think any of that could be realistically possible?

DJ: Well, all of them seem at least somewhat likely... Are you more worried about EO or Lui at the moment?

Hanna: Lui. What would happen if all the EO's were to disappear?

DJ: I would have to guess that at least 20% of the ranks of the evil would disappear, although that would also eliminate several good people I know that have reformed, to an extent, anyway. Would the world be a better place? Would they just go somewhere else?

Hanna: Maybe just go somewhere else. There's something I've been meaning to tell you... Will you believe me though?

DJ: Of course, I believe you. What is it you want to tell me?

Hanna: Technically, I… I am Savannah's evil other ... or at least the closest thing to one...I just...refuse to let that evil take over... Do… do you believe me?

DJ: Would I have any reason to not believe you? I don't have any problem with that, you do a good enough job keeping that evil under control... *gasps* Does that mean that you would be deleted too if we rescue Lui?

Hanna: I...I don't know. Even if I am, I will either get Lui out or die trying. I promised him...I won't let him down. You really have no problem with me, even if I am an evil other?

DJ: Not at all. You've almost mastered the art of controlling your evil side, however big or small it may be. Should we ask Ace to give us more details about the EO's disappearing?

Hanna: If he ever shows up. Thank you DJ. I don't think I could have made it without you and Lui. Are we almost there yet?

Ace: Sorry bout that. We had to let the Big Boss know you were coming.

Jester: Can't just barge in like that. Any way, the skies are blue, the snow is fresh, and the beach is frozen with no sign of Global Warming. So what do you think of the place?

Hanna: I find it to be quite invigorating! Under any other circumstance I would have stopped to enjoy the scenery to its fullest. It’s probably pretty cold for DJ though. So, what's with this boss guy?

DJ: My thoughts exactly... Actually, it is very nice here! It's warmer than Everest, anyway... Do you have spies on people all around the world?

Misty: *walks up* Actually I am one of the spies. I was sent to help you three because I saw you were freezing and that was not good. So I asked the Boss for a transportation device. That's how I got back here without the portal. Sorry about that... that I had to tell you stuff that wasn't quite true. They told me I couldn't tell you who I was err.. am. You're not mad are you? I was just trying to help.

Hanna: *Sigh* Disappointed, yes. Mad, no. It's not the first time someone lied to me... Where's EDJ?

Misty: I'm sorry. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you let me know. ok? EDJ? I don't know. Did the others take them? Ace and... what's his name? Joker? I'll just call him that anyway. Haha

Hanna: To make it up? Not really. I think they did take him. Where seems to remain a mystery. So, you're actually on our side?

Misty: Of course! How's Lui doing? Speaking of which where is he?

Hanna: I'm not quite sure. All I know is that we have to get him out of that portal... You've never met Ace and what's-his-name before?

Misty: I have. But I'm not around much so I don't see newer people as often. But you don't have to be worried that they did something to EDJ. What's-his-face isn't smart enough to do something evil. He's too worried about some girl or something. Do you think we should go find them?

Hanna: No. We'll end up getting ourselves lost. Where's Abby?

Misty: I don't know. I've never really met her before. I think she's from Earth. What do you think?

Hanna: I think you are either very confused or very confusing.

Misty: You're right. Maybe both.

Hanna: What's this deal with EOs? Do they survive?

Misty: I think so. I mean I don't see why they wouldn't. Why do you ask?

Hanna: ...no reason... What would happen to DJ and Lui if what Ace and Jester said about EOs is true?

Misty: What? What did they say?

Hanna: Something along the lines of "When the world is the way it should be, your evil side will be washed away." Does that make any sense to you?

Misty: Not really. I don't think that the EO's will vanish though. Because the world will always have evil in it. Until the end anyway. Does that make sense?

Hanna: I'm not entirely sure what's supposed to make sense now. Why did you wait until we were outside of EDJ's castle to help us?

Misty: Well for one thing I needed to see whether you were evil or not. Another thing is that I was helping someone else, so I couldn't until you guys were out. But I'll help you now ok?

Hanna: Whatever. DJ, what do you think? *Looks around* Just great! Where did he go?! Did those two take him?

DJ: *climbs out of hole in ground* I'm here, I just fell down into this pit and got stuck... What's been happening?

Misty: We are trying to figure out what happened to EDJ and Lui.

Hanna: *Helps DJ out* Warn someone before you disappear!! This whole disappearing business has me worried!!! Try not to do that again, ok?

DJ: Sure...I didn't do it on purpose or anything. Ace and Jester are gone again, right?

Misty: Yup. Any idea where they went?

DJ: No idea whatsoever...they just seem to disappear at random. How about you? You're from here, aren't you?

Hanna: Did she...just leave?

DJ: Hmm...if so, these people from the other world have a strange ability to just disappear right into thin air! It's strange, isn't it?

Hanna: It's kinda freaking me out a little... It certainly keeps my guard up. Should we trust her now that she admitted to lying to us?

DJ: Hmm...by lying to us then she would be telling the truth to us now? Or by lying to us now would that mean that she was telling the truth then? Either one make sense?

Hanna: No. Where do you think they keep running off to? Or rather, disappearing off to, I should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment