Sunday, October 25, 2009

Part Fifteen

Part Fifteen



Hanna: I guess we should go over and check it out, huh?

DJ: I guess so...hopefully there'll be something there worth eating. Do you think we'll have to pay for it?

Hanna: Oops, I forgot about that.... We can say that we're guests, can't we? Does that count for a free meal?

DJ: I think so...if not I can go ask for some meal vouchers at the front desk. *Walks up to the beginning of the line* Excuse me, how much does it cost to get a meal?

Random person in line: Depends upon what you want.

Hanna: ...That was somewhat a given. Do you think we should ask someone else?

DJ: Sure... You want to try?

Hanna; Umm.... no thanks, you're doing just fine! Really! Do you want to try asking that person over there?

DJ: *looks toward person in line* Sure, I'll try her... Excuse me, ma'am? How much does it cost to get a meal here?

Second random person: 5.99

Hanna: DJ... you wouldn't happen to know what currency she's talking about, would you?

DJ: I'll check... We're not from this area, what currency do you use?

2nd random person: Rupees.

Hanna ...Riiiiight... DJ?

DJ: Wow, I didn't know anywhere actually used those! Can you give me 12 rupees?

Hanna: We don't have any.

2nd random person: Most people I know aren't too nice. You're nice, so here's 20 Rupees.

Hanna: Um...that is...exceptionally nice of you... Thank you. *Nudges DJ with elbow* DJ, where are your manners?!

DJ: I was going to offer her some of my things from our world in trade... *to 2nd random person* I have some things here from where we're from...would you like to have anything as a gift?

Hanna: I guess that will work.

2nd random person: What do you have?

DJ: Well, I have some of our currency, and I have several things in my bag. *Opens bag and pulls out random contents* Let me know if there's anything you like, ok?

2nd RP: Ooooooh, can I have the cool spinny thing? The round one with the letters and the little thing in the middle that's spinning around.

Hanna: ....the compass?

2nd RP: Is that what it's called? Cool name! Can I have it?

DJ: Sure, I'd be happy to give that to you! Anything else you like?

2nd RP: No thanks. After I'm finished eating, I think I will try to follow the spinning line thing!

DJ: Thank you so much! Have fun with the compass!!

Hanna: ...don't get lost. You ready order something, DJ?

DJ: Yup, I'm about ready. You see anything that looks good on the menu?

Hanna: Hmm.... not yet. You order first while I look for something, ok?

DJ: Ok. *Gets into line and gets attention of server* Excuse me, I'll have the vanilla pudding and steak, please. What should we do after dinner?

Hanna: Pfft, beats me. Maybe Ace and Jester would have shown up by then, though that seems highly unlikely. Ah, I think I found something. I'll have the vanilla ice cream with fries, please. Where should we sit?

DJ: Ooh, good choice! *points to open table near the door* How about that one?

Hanna: Fine by me. You like vanilla ice cream with fries?

DJ: It sounds better than most of the other choices...so I guess it would be a good choice by default. Have you seen Misty's other lately?

Hanna: No. Wait, her evil other or her other other?

DJ: The one we spoke to on Mt. Everest... She said she was an other too, right?

Hanna: Umm, I don't think she ever mentioned specifically if she was an other or not. Didn't she only have an evil other?

DJ: I'm not sure...she never said if she had a second other or not. If she's an other and she only has one other, that would make her evil Misty, wouldn't it?

Hanna: I'm afraid so. Would it be possible that Misty herself, not her evil other, is actually in alliance with the Big Boss?

DJ: That's true...I think her evil other was captured anyway, so unless she has a second other, it must be the real Misty. Anybody else look familiar here?

Hanna: *looks around* Nope. No wait, that girl over there seems somewhat fami-.... Nah, it can't be.... Can it?

DJ: *looks over* Who? I don't see anyone...wait, can it be?!?

Hanna: No, It can't be her. She said that she had her locked up… So, it can't possibly be her... DJ?

DJ: Perhaps she escaped. You want to go see if it is her?

Hanna: It can't be her! Wait, who are you talking about?

DJ: The same person you're talking about... Who are you talking about?

Hanna: You are not talking about the same person I am talking about! Besides, you've only met what? Once? Twice at the most?

DJ: I'm confused... So then, who are you talking about??

Hanna: You tell me! Who were you talking about?!

DJ: Umm, I was just copying you... Should I know her?

Hanna: .......You, my friend, are a very strange person at times.... Technically, I think you've only met her once or twice and that was her good side. If she ever let her evil side out, she would tell me, wouldn't she?

DJ: Hopefully... Kandi?

Hanna: No. Now you've got it all wrong.... Hairam. You have met her, haven't you?

DJ: Ah, I do believe so. Yes, she does look somewhat familiar now... How long has it been since you last saw her?

Hanna: When I first rescued you and Lui. I asked her to stay in the same place you were so that all of you would be safe. I guess that didn't work out too well, did it?

DJ: Apparently not... How did she get here?!?

Hanna: I don't know! She seems....somewhat....different. Can you tell?

DJ: Not really...I don't think I knew her enough to be able to tell the difference yet. Is it a very noticeable difference, or a more subtle one?

Hanna: Hmm... It's too subtle to place. She just seems.... different.... Do you think we should go talk to her?

DJ: Ah, I see. Sure, if you would like to... *walks over* Hairam?

Hairam: *looks up and smiles* Yes?

DJ: Umm, it's me, DJ. Do you remember me?

Hairam: *Looks behind DJ and sees Hanna still sitting at the other table* Yeah! What are you guys doing here?

DJ: We're here trying to rescue, Lui. He's trapped in a mirror...long story. What are you doing here?

Hairam: I...um...came to help save Lui! What are you doing at Big Boss' if Lui is stuck in a mirror?

DJ: Umm, he wants to meet us, apparently. How did you know about Lui?

Hairam: Hanna contacted me before you guys went through the portal. She tells her friends everything. Didn't she tell you that she contacted me?

DJ: She didn't mention that. But that's ok... Do you know Big Boss?

Hairam: Yes.


*Hanna gets up and starts walking over*


Hairam: Uh... I have to go see... Ace and Mace... and you two have to go see the Big Boss. I'll see you both later, okay?
*Slowly gets up and starts walking off*

Misty: umm... Hi! Sorry about that. I forgot I told some friends I'd go camping with them last weekend. hehe. Sorry. I see you found the cafeteria. Is the food good?

Hanna: As far as I can tell. How do you guys keep disappearing?!

Misty: To tell you the truth. I'm not sure. Maybe we just leave without you noticing. Is that a possibility?

Hanna: It would be possible if it was only once or twice. You disappear too often. Since you're here anyway, do you want something to eat?

Misty: Ok I'll go get something. Any idea what they have?

Hanna: Stuff I'm not used to eating....except for the ice cream and fries.

Misty: ah I see. I guess I'll go get that.

Hanna: Misty, how many others do you have?

Misty: hmmm.. 2 besides me. I have the real Misty, Evil Other Misty and me. Other world Misty. Yeah I know. Kinda weird. What about you?

Hanna: For the time being... myself, Kandi, and Savannah. How are you different from the real Misty?

Misty: ... I live here. She lives on Earth. *Laughs* I know. Kinda weird. Hey, I'm going to go get some food, ok?

Hanna: All right. I wonder... how many others one person have?

DJ: Well, Ace said the most a person could have is two. (That's the most I've seen so far) Do you think he was truthful about that?

Hanna: Who knows. I think he was somewhat confused about a few things... DJ, was that really Hairam?

DJ: I'm not sure, unfortunately... Do you doubt that she was real?

Hanna: It was hard to really tell. She really looked like her, but when I approached she left. What did you find out?

DJ: She said she had to go talk to Ace and Mace... Who's Mace?

Hanna: Maybe she forgot Jester's name. Everyone seems to be doing that. I almost feel sorry for him... Did you find out anything else before she left?

DJ: Nothing important that I can remember... You want to go see Big Boss now?

Hanna: I guess so. If we can actually find him. You were talking to a stranger for 5 minutes and you don't remember anything important? What did you do, talk about the weather?!

DJ: ... We are still talking about Hairam, right?

Hanna: If she confirmed herself as being Hairam, yes. You went to go find that out, remember?

DJ: Oh yeah, that's true. She did answer to Hairam...and she said something about you contacting her before we came here. Is that true?

Hanna: Eh, contacting her? I didn't contact anyone since before the EDJ incident! For all I know, Hairam is still at the base! Or at least she should be. She wouldn't have even known about the other world, much less our arrival. How could I have possibly contacted her?

DJ: I don't know... So you didn't tell her about Lui, or us going here?

Hanna: No, I did not. I'm not lying, DJ. You... you don't believe me, do you?

DJ: ...Of course I believe you! So, assuming that this Hairam was fake, what should we do?

Hanna: We could try to find her and confront her. I would think that it would be difficult to find her in a place like this though. We will deal with that imposter later. I think we should go see that Big Boss guy first. Shall we?

DJ: Sure. How are we going to find him?

Hanna: I have no idea... There should really be a guide or something. What kind of ride do you think Jester was talking about?

DJ: Maybe a rollercoaster!!!!! Probably not though... Should I ask that receptionist?

Hanna: I don't think so. She looks a little preoccupied at the moment. Do you think we should go look for Ace and Jester?

DJ: I don't know, we could get lost...but it may be the best way to find Big Boss. What do you think?

Hanna: We should at least give it a try. We don't exactly have anything better to do, now do we?

DJ: I guess not... Inside or outside?

Hanna: Inside I guess. Though we may become utterly lost in the process. Or would you prefer outside?

DJ: Inside is fine with me, it's warmer in here (even if only slightly.) Want to go that way? *points behind waterfall*

Hanna: I suppose we can try over there. Do you think we will be able to find them at all?

Misty: *silently following* hmm... I don't know. They seem to leave a lot. Maybe we could try to look behind the waterfall. Ready?

Hanna: Sure. *Calls out* Hellooooooo, anybody in here?

Misty: *listens* I don't hear anyone. Do you?

Hanna: Nope. Next section?

Misty: Next section? What do you mean?

Hanna: I don't know. Any section we haven't been to.

Misty: Ok lets go... *points* that way I guess.

Hanna: Misty, do I seem.... somewhat more... at ease now than I was before entering the portal? I'm not sure if it's noticeable or not, but the idea been bothering me.

Misty: Yeah kinda. Kinda like you're not as suspicious of people. But it doesn't show too much. Why has it been bothering you?

Hanna: Possibly because it makes me feel like I am.... letting my guard down. Vulnerable, I suppose. It's probably nothing. So, they've remodeled since you were here last?

Misty: Yup. The last time I was here the cafeteria wasn't here. You had to go down to the Taco King down the street. And believe me, they serve the worst food. Also the lobby was much smaller. Do you like it here?

DJ: It's very...different here. It's different, but yet it seems similar to home, in a strange way. Do you like it here?

Misty: Who me? yeah I guess. But I kinda prefer Earth. The colors are much better there. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment