Saturday, October 24, 2009

Part Fourteen

Part Fourteen


Hanna: Where do you think they keep running off to? Or rather, disappearing off to, I should say.

Jester: Alright, we’re here.

Ace: It took us a bit longer ‘cause we went the scenic route. Oh and I take it you met Misty? She is from the Other World, I'll admit.

Misty: Yes they met me. And what do you mean? I'm from here. Not Earth. Oh and DJ, I'm telling the truth now.

Hanna: Yeah, like we're just going to up and believe you all of a sudden. Let's just get to this boss dude, okay?

DJ: Sounds good to me... Are we ready to go?


Hanna: I'm ready, but I have no idea which direction we're headed. Do you?

DJ: No...I wish I did though...or they could at least let us explore a bit. Should we ask for a map next time we see them?

Hanna: I think that would be wise. Do you want to explore or just stand here and do nothing?

DJ: I suppose we could explore a bit... How good are you with directions?

Hanna: Fairly good, I think. I could navigate through the Tube after just 2 days in London. Does that count?

DJ: Sounds good enough to me. Which way should we go?

Hanna: Let's try to find that frozen beach that those other two were talking about. Which direction do you think that's in?

DJ: Let's see...the breeze is blowing from left to right, so let's go...that way! *points to the left* Doesn't the sea breeze come from the water toward the land?

Hanna: I'm not sure. That must have been in a science lesson I wasn't paying attention to. If we get lost, we can always come back the way we came, right?

DJ: I would think so... *starts walking to the left* Can you see it yet?

Hanna: Not yet. Do you feel any different upon entering this world?

DJ: Warmer...and somewhat more alert. How about you?

Hanna: Like you said earlier, somewhat lighter I guess. Though I'm not quite sure why. What do you think?

DJ: Perhaps the different atmospheric gases created some sort of change in our mental and physical state... Any other possible ideas?

Hanna: Perhaps that wild trip through the portal caused it. Let's just not let the difference cloud our better judgment. Does that look like a frozen beach to you?

DJ: *Stops, stands on tiptoes, and points excitedly toward frozen beach* I see it! YAY!
But yes, we must not let our judgment be clouded... Have you ever seen anything like it back home?

Hanna: No, but it's beautiful!! I wish Lui could see this... Do you think he's okay?

DJ: I sure hope so... Do you think it hurt him when they used the mirror to gain entry to the portal?

Ace: I don't think it hurt him at all. You see that rock over there?

DJ: Ah, you found us. Yes, I see it. Why do you ask?

Ace: Because HQ entrance is in a cave right behind it.

Jester: There is a shortcut around that glacier. I noticed you have gained a certain alertness?

DJ: Quite so...thank you for noticing! Are we going to take the short cut then?

Ace: Yeah, we'll use the shortcut. It's safer than the standard pass.

Jester: Yeah, bandits. Do you have to worry about bandits on Earth?

Hanna: In certain locations, yes. What did you do with EDJ?

Jester: Since DJ wasn't too sure he wanted to take EDJ with him, I left him at the entrance to the Other World, on the Earth side, of course. So he won’t melt but won't freeze anymore and no one can find him. Clever, no?

Hanna: For now, I suppose so. What's this Big Boss guy like?

Jester: For some reason I feel like Big Boss won't be quite what you expect. Boss is... somewhat....let's just say... confident.

Hanna: Are you sure he'll help us?

Ace: Yeah, I don't know about that. Big Boss just want s meet you.

Jester: We're the ones helping you, remember?

Hanna: Riiiiiight... Hey, uh, listen, um... I'm sorry about my attitude earlier. It's just that I don't want anything else bad to happen to my friends. I apologize for being so cold and abrupt toward you two. No hard feelings?

Ace: *Politely* No problem.

Jester: None whatsoever. But the rest of the trip won't be peaches and cream. You know that, right?

Hanna: Yes, I know. How much farther?

Jester: We should be here around this next ridge....

Ace: Here we are. Right in front of you is the rock we saw earlier, and behind you is the cave. Let's go inside, shall we? *They enter*

Jester: Nice lobby, huh? I think the waterfalls are a nice touch.

Hanna: Whoah, most impressive! They're just going to let us walk right in?

Ace: Yes, you are welcome here.

Jester: Alright, you ready to go on a ride? Hanna: ...Ride... What kind of ride? DJ: A ride? Sounds like fun! What kind of ride is it? Is it an elevator? Misty: I'm not sure. They remodeled since I was here last. Right Ace? DJ: He seems to be missing... You want to explore this HQ building without him? Hanna: Very well. Would you like to go back to the waterfall? DJ: Sounds good to me! I'm guessing you would like it better frozen? Hanna: Frozen waterfalls are nice. Though I think it would be better not to touch anything that doesn't belong to us here... Wouldn't want to infuriate the Big Boss now, would we?

DJ: True, I had forgotten about him... Do you see any surveillance cameras around here?

Hanna: They are probably hidden. How hard do you think it will be to get Lui out?

DJ: Harder than getting a camel through a needle, but not as hard as a diamond. Did that sound really cliched?

Hanna: Yes, but it made me smile. *Sigh* Do you think Lui knows that this side of me didn't mean all those terrible things I said to him when you were battling EDJ?

DJ: I'm sure that he knows that. Did you sense any resentment or mistrust in him between now and then?

Hanna: No. He seemed like he... still trusted me. That's what kills me. How could he still trust me after all this?!?

DJ: I think that was one of his special abilities as an other. He has a tremendous capability to trust people, and he can tell who is deserving of his trust as well. *looks up at very large waterfall* My, this is amazing, isn't it?

Hanna: *Not really looking* Beautiful...
*Asks self* What makes others trust me more than I do myself?

DJ: Perhaps you have the inability to fully trust yourself/others. Would that be a potential reason?

Hanna: Perhaps that is the sole reason. Is this a great weakness on my part?

DJ: Not a great weakness, but yet one that you could improve on (in certain situations, anyway.) I also see it as a potential strength...do you?

Hanna: Not entirely. Could you expound on that?

DJ: Well, when someone is trying to take advantage of you, your lack of ability to trust could be an advantage. Did I explain that somewhat-near well enough?

Hanna: Near well enough for me to understand what you mean, if that's what you meant. How long do you think it will be before Ace and Jester show up again?

DJ: No idea... Do you think they got lost somehow?

Hanna: No, they should be familiar with everything here. Do you think we will meet any other strange people who will want to "help" us?

DJ: I don't know how many new people I can remember...this has been a very strange few days. Should we start looking for Big Boss on our own?

Hanna: It is not yet confirmed that he will even help us at all. All he wants to do is meet us, right?

DJ: That's what Ace and Jester said, I think. Do you think that's actually all he wants?

Hanna: I highly doubt it. Let us hope for the best and prepare for the worst then, shall we?

DJ: Sounds like a good plan to me. How big is this building anyway?

Hanna: I would assume that it is very large with multiple entrances, including hidden ones. Why do you think he's called 'Big Boss' anyway?

DJ: Because he's morbidly obese perhaps? Or perhaps because it's his reputation that was given the title 'big'. What do you think?

Hanna: Considering the circumstances, I would rather not think of either at the moment... Where is everybody?! This place should be swarming with people or guards or something!

DJ: Perhaps they're invisible; like Ace and Jester seem to be able to do... Or do they really not have any?

Hanna: Unless he is as powerful as they say he is, it would be unwise for him not to have them. What do you want to do while we wait?

DJ: Hmm, we could ask somebody if there's anywhere good to eat around here...I'm getting hungry! How about you?

Hanna: Ugh, I was doing just fine until you reminded me. Do you think the food here would be very different from the food we have at home?

DJ: I'm not sure... You want to ask somebody and see what's at the place they recommend?

Hanna: Errr.... I guess so... Hmm... who should we ask?

DJ: *points to receptionist at front entrance* How about her?

Hanna: *Stares blankly* Riiiiiiight....
So, you want to ask her? I'm not much of a people person.

DJ: Umm, sure I guess. *Walks over to receptionist* Excuse me, but could you recommend somewhere nearby to eat?

Hanna: ....... Does she even know that you're talking to her?

DJ: I don't know... Ma'am?

Receptionist: Oh, Yes?

DJ: Perhaps you can help me... Do you know of any good places to eat nearby?

Receptionist: ... good places?

DJ: That would be nice, yes. What kind of food is served in this area?

Receptionist: Well for breakfast foods you can have the taco omelet, peanut-butter/mayonnaise sandwich, and a chicken/banana/mayonnaise salad. Or did you want something more for lunch or dinner?

DJ: Umm, I think we'll skip breakfast... How about for desert?

Receptionist: Pizza with whipped cream, vanilla pudding with steak , and apple pie with mustard.

Hanna: ...... you actually eat that?!?

Receptionist: Yes, don't you?

DJ: The vanilla pudding with steak sounds pretty good, actually. Where can we get that?

Receptionist: Down the hall, turn left. Is that good enough?

DJ: Wow, in this building! That's great, thanks for the help! *walks away from the desk* Did you expect to travel far to eat?

Hanna: *Somewhat surprised at the whole episode* Umm... kind of.
Weird... Anyway... You're really going for that vanilla steak stuff?

DJ: Sure, it sounds better than any of the other choices... You don't like the idea?

Hanna: ...Whatever. It's your choice. So, she said to the left?

DJ: I think so... Perhaps there'll be something on the lunch or dinner menus that you'll like?

Hanna: Eh, after the previous choices, I doubt it. You're that hungry?

DJ: Apparently...my stomach is growling louder than Bowser ever could! How hungry is that?!?

Hanna: Whoa, let's get you some food! How in the world were you able to survive this long without food?

DJ: I'm not sure, to be honest. Am I correct in assuming that Others don't eat as much as originals do?

Hanna: Quite correct, but it doesn't mean that we don't get hungry. *Points forward* Does that look like it?

DJ: *looks toward where Hanna is pointing* Yeah, that looks like it... Ready to get something?

Hanna: Ready when you are. *Gestures* After you.

DJ: Sure... *Opens door and walks into what appears to be a cafeteria* *points to far wall of room* Is that the line?

Hanna: Looks like it.... I guess we should go over and check it out, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment