Friday, October 23, 2009

Part Eleven

Part Eleven


Hanna: How do we know he isn’t lying if he does tell us how to get Lui out? Wait, I hear something....

*DJ, Hanna, and party hear a voice from the entrance to the cabin*

Unknown: You can't trust that man. He is an Evil Other. Whatever he tells you will be completely false.

Unknown 2, voice varies from the first one a bit: The fact that he is an Evil Other does not make what he says false, older bro. And are you sure we should just barge in on them?

Unknown: We've been watching from the Other World for too long, little brother. Now is the time we help these poor Originals.

Unknown 2: True. *addresses Hanna and DJ* Turn around. Do you know there is no way to free Lui without causing his death?

Hanna: Who...who's there? What are you talking about? What do you mean there's no way to free Lui?! There has to be!!

*They turn around to see two cloaked figures, one with spiky brown hair and glowing red eyes, and the other with a rather large collar covering the bottom half of his face, and a round-rimmed top hat tilted so that it covers the top half*

Spiky haired man: Aww, the poor Originals have no idea what’s going on, do they?

Top hat man: Do not mock them, Jester. Let us explain what is going on. My name is Ace. *takes off top hat to reveal a suave, black hairdo and jade green eyes* And this is my younger brother Jester. How do you do?

Jester: That's a dumb question.

Ace: We have been watching you from what is called the Other World. Does that make any sense?

Hanna: Considering what I’ve been through prior to this, I wouldn’t doubt the existence of such… Why were you watching us and what are you doing here now?

Ace: We have nothing but the kind notion in our hearts to give you your friend back. Lui... he's stuck in the only portal between the original and other world. To pull him out of that portal from this side would be..... agonizingly painful, if it does not cause his death.

Jester: Long story short, you either follow us to the other world and push him out, or risk losing your friend forever.

Ace: The only problem is that the other world is where all others come from, evil or not. There is another way, however... would you accept it?

Hanna: I should at least hear the options. Whether I accept them or not is an entirely different matter... How do I know you’re not lying to me even now?

Jester: Oh, yeah...The girl with trust issues. Who could blame her? You can trust us.

Ace: What would we have to gain from lying to you?

Hanna: Everything I hold dear. The fact of the matter is, until you somehow prove to me that you are not lying, I will continue to doubt you. Forgive me for seeming hostile, but I’ve crossed paths with one too many traitors... What would you gain by telling me the truth anyway?

Ace: People of the other world do not seek to gain anything from others. We are content with ourselves.

Jester: We have one goal only: to set the original world back to the way it was. Before the Others were even in their own bodies. Before the war against good and evil.

Ace: With Lui, we may complete the aforementioned task. This is where those two options come in. Will you hear the second one?

Hanna: Sounds like a complicated situation... What is the other option?

Jester: We could use this here card to restore Lui to the way he was. Ace: But there's a catch. He will be returned to the state he was in before all this. Before he ever even met you. He won't remember any of you.... any of the friendships... So we can restore him now and try to convince him to join us again...or we could venture to the other world and attempt to rescue him from there. Which will it be?

Hanna: It just had to be something like that, didn’t it? He... wouldn’t remember me. Any of the times we had... including all the pain I caused him...

*Flashback*

Lui: Would....rather....die.....than....forget

--------

*Lui sheds tear* No.....want.......be......friend?

*End of flashback*

Hanna: Are... are those the only ways?

Jester: Afraid so, my friend.

Ace: It doesn't seem you want to give your friend up. Can you find the strength to come to his aid? We will be with you every step of the way.

Hanna: Don’t call me your friend. A friend is more than an ally... Perhaps the best thing for him would be to give him up... for his own benefit. But, I...I don’t think I can do that... If I go with you and we fail... would you still be able to get him out using the card?

Jester: Sheesh, don't be so hostile. We'd be able to get him back using the card, yes. Besides, you always said Lui was annoying. Think about it. Would you really be such close friends if your friendship hadn't been strengthened through this ordeal?

Hanna: We were close friends before this! Just... I do believe our friendship has been strengthened... What will happen after we get him out?

Ace: You can finally turn this original world back to the way it should be! Without Lui your team isn't complete. When the world is the way it should be, your evil side will be washed away. Isn't that what you want?

Hanna: *Stares in shock* My...evil side....gone? How can that be possible? And what do you mean by team?

Jester: Haven't you realized yet? You three: You, DJ, and Lui are a team.

Ace: You're not strong enough by yourselves but together you can do whatever you want! And yes, your evil side will be wiped clean forever. Do you want your evil side?

Hanna: No, of course not! It’s just hard thinking of life without her because she’s been here for so long. But what you are talking about... it’s impossible! In fact, it sounds too good to be true. How can I believe that you would come all the way over here from your lives of contentment just to help us? It's too selfless... for anybody!

Jester: That's it, Ace. We're out. Originals just can't comprehend our means.

Ace: No, we must not give up so easily. I'll put it in a way she will understand. *Addresses Hanna* We may live in contentment with ourselves but that's not to say we don't have problems. Our problem is your kind. You have created us, yet you live so differently from what you originally intended. Putting things back in place would help us, as well. See what I'm getting at?

Hanna: There’s a reason why others were created. Maybe it has something to do with the way we live here! If our world was as nice as we would like it to be, why would others even exist in the first place?! Do you think that by setting things back into place that they won’t unfold again?!

Ace: You put up a good argument. They might unfold again, but this gives us a chance to make sure things don't. And Others were always there. But they were inside you. Where they belonged. Creating the other world was just so we could get the Others out of your way, and you out of ours.

Jester: Believe it or not, I'm an evil other.

Ace: And I am different kind of other. Called a Leader Other. They occur inside you once your true sense of leadership shows itself.

Jester: No Other wants to be a Human. They want to remain inside you and be a part of you, and not an individual of their own. And no human wants their other to become someone else.

Ace: Have you ever heard this before?

Hanna: I’m afraid I can’t say that I have... Why didn't I know of any of this before? How many Others can a single person have?!

DJ: Well, there's three of both of us... This just got really complicated, didn't it?

Hanna: Very much so. Do you believe them?

DJ: I'm not sure...Jester admitted to being an evil other! Is it even possible for one to become reformed to that extent?

Hanna: I do not know. Does EDJ even know how to get Lui out or has he been leading on us this whole time?

DJ: If Ace's and Jester's information is true, than it would lead me to believe that EO DJ was lying. Do you think we should trust them?

Hanna: You're asking me? I'm the girl with the trust issues, remember?

DJ: Well, I guess that is true... What would Lui want? He's sleeping now, so we can't ask him. Probably a good thing.

Hanna: I know he wouldn't want us to get him out if it made him forget. He probably wouldn't want us to risk our lives going to the other world to save him either. What should we do?

DJ: Out of those two options, I would choose going to this alternate world to save him AND his memories. Did EO say anything when Ace and Jester came? That may have some insight... perhaps...

Hanna: Not a word. I guess he was too busy thinking about that game with no internet. Are we both going to go to the other world?

DJ: Hmm...I'd rather I go alone...he's my other. If I go, would you wait right outside for me?

Hanna: You know that I would much rather have you stay while I go to the other world. I won’t let you go alone. You know that, right?

DJ: And vice versa, I'm sure... Should we wait for those two to wake up so they can tell us more? Or should we leave without them?

Hanna: I doubt we would make it very far without them. Did you know about any of the things they said?

DJ: I had heard rumors about this other world, but I never believed them... Do you suppose it's real?

Hanna: I guess there's only one way to find out... Are we both going then?

DJ: I suppose so...I would be glad to have you along in case something happens. Hopefully nothing does though... Wait, how do we get in anyway?

Hanna: Ace and Joker over there are supposed to know. What do we do about EDJ?

DJ: Hmm...perhaps we could take him with us. Although that would be equally risky as going in the first place. Should we wake them up?

Hanna: Nah, I don't feel like talking to them right now. The Joker one is getting on my nerves. I say we leave EDJ here. Maybe freeze him some more. Will that work?

DJ: That sounds like a good idea! Do you think Ace and/or Joker will go with us?

Hanna: They said they would. Then again, they said a lot of things that have yet to be proven. Do you think we should talk to Lui?

DJ: I don't think it would hurt anything...it might comfort him a bit too. Should we tell him about the plan?

Hanna: Not unless we have to. He would probably feel devastated if he knew... DJ, if we can't help him from the other side, will you let his memories be erased?

DJ: If there's absolutely no other option, I guess we would have to resort to that...although I don't know that I could bear seeing him not know us. But we'll make sure that we don't have to do that, right?

Jester: You...think I'm annoying? ....*sobs*....*snaps out of it* and who you callin’ JOKER?!

Ace: I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want us with you, but the other world will very dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. How dangerous is your evil Other, DJ?

DJ: Haha, sorry about that Jester! And Ace, we'd be glad to have you along, it's just that we've had a tough time of late with choosing who to trust. Oh, EO isn't terribly dangerous as long as you don't let him talk...and keep him trapped in that block of ice. Why do you ask? Ace? Are you still there?

Hanna: Hmph, figures... Are you sure we can trust them?

DJ: Not entirely sure, considering how often they disappear like that... Do you think they can still hear us now?

Ace: Yeah, well I asked cause maybe Jester here and EDJ could make a team, you and Hanna make a team, and I'll take Lui. That way we don't leave anyone behind. Unless those Misty and Abby characters come back. Would you trust me with your friend?

Jester: *Sits down and ignores everyone*

Hanna: *Narrows eyes* I'd sooner trust you with my life. DJ?

DJ: Umm...I'll have to think about that for a bit. Are you sure leaving Jester and EO DJ together would be a good idea?

Ace: Well, you told me he wasn't that dangerous... Besides, I think they'd get along well.

Jester: *continues to ignore everyone while picks a flower* She hates me...she hates me not...she hates me...she hates me not.... Does she hate me?

DJ: Let the flower tell you, they never lie! Or do they...I'm not sure. EO's danger is in his speech. He can convince even the best of people to do something they don't want to do. But you probably already knew this.

Hanna: I'm a living example of that. Your starting to creep me out, Jester... What is your deal?

Jester: *Ignores*....Did you say something?

Ace: *facepalm* So what is the verdict? Do we send Joker with EDJ?

DJ: That depends... Are they coming with us into the other world?

Ace: They'll be there but you won't have to deal with them. Jester has some errands out of way. Sending EDJ with him would just seem more fitting, since they're both evil others. Jester just has 60% more self control.

Jester: *Cell phone rings* *answers* Hey...what?! No! I'm busy.....Yeah, that....she what? Of course not, you know I--....okay...bye... So what’s the hold up? I'm losing what little patience I had in the first place.

Ace: The call was from her?

Jester: Yeah…

Ace: Don't feel bad, brother.

Jester: What ever. So are we doing this or not? 'Cause we have a human hot on our tail.

Hanna: I guess so, but I'm starting to distrust you even more than I already do... Are you sure Lui will be safe here by himself?

DJ: Isn't Ace taking Lui with us? I'm in if Hanna is... What in the world are you talking about, Jester?

Hanna: I don't know! It's all so confusing! And Yes, Jester, what are you talking about?

Ace: Oh, just a bit of personal stuff.

Jester: Our original is looking for us. He's the only human in the world to spawn more than one other.

Ace: It's none of your concern, all right? You need to be more trusting, Hanna. Can you lend me your trust, just until we get your friend back?

DJ: Ha! I have two others...Lui and EO. Your information is incorrect!!!!! Can we actually trust you?

Ace: By all means. And what type of other is Lui?

DJ: I guess so... Ace, Lui is kind of a quiet, shy other. He really only opens up with friends. Does that help?

Hanna: I agree with DJ about the others issue... Either way, we're wasting time arguing about trust! Are we going or not?!

Jester: Fiiiiinally. I was starting to get a leg cramp. *Stands up and walks past everyone to the door* Let's get outta here.

Ace: Alright, I'm ready when you are. Do you know how far we are from the peak of these mountains?

DJ: About a 15 minute walk, 3 minutes by snowmobile.Why does this place bother you so much, Jester?

Ace: Good, then we aren't far from the pass to the Other World.

Jester: It doesn't. I was getting tired of incoherent blathering.

Ace: It was more than blathering.

Jester: Not to me.

Ace: We'll take the air and meet you at the summit. You all can fly can't you?

DJ: Hanna can, but I would need some sort of mechanical device that would allow me to fly. I'll just take the snowmobile...

Hanna: Wow, they took off pretty fast. I'll just be flying next to you, alright?

DJ: Ok. I'll set Lui and EO on the back here... Now that those two aren't listening in, do you think we can trust them?

Hanna: Not really, but...do we have a choice?

DJ: I guess not. Do you think we could take them if they attacked us?

Hanna: At this point we are still uncertain of the full extent of their powers. I hope it doesn't come down to that. How's Lui?

DJ: He's sleeping right now, as far as I can tell. If that's actually Lui and not just a fake picture of him on the mirror there. Who are you more worried about, Ace or Jester?

Hanna: Jester worries me, but Ace would seem to be the type of character that conceals much... What do you think about what they said would happen to evil others? Can it be true that they would simply...?

DJ: Disappear? I'm not sure... Wouldn't that mean that Jester would disappear too?

Hanna: That's what it sounds like. That's why this doesn't make sense... What do you think about Ace, is he trustworthy?

DJ: I wish it were easier to tell who to trust and who not to...this is definitely a challenge. He tries very hard to earn our trust through words, but he hasn't actually demonstrated any proof that his words are true yet. And yet we have no other option but to trust him... What's the worst that could happen?

Hanna: The worst? The three of us suffer very long and painful deaths and our evil selves take control of the world... We won't let that happen though, right?

DJ: Of course not! If we were to leave the mountain now, do you suppose they would be able to find us?

Hanna: What do you mean? Just leave them and runaway?

DJ: Only if you don't trust them enough to go into this other world... Do you?

Hanna: *Takes deep breath* We can't runaway from this. This is the only known way to save Lui. If you want to leave you can, but I will put my issues aside to help Lui. Alright?

DJ: I'm with you, but I just wanted to make sure that we know all our options. Any idea what we're in for there?

Hanna: Your guess is as good as mine at the moment. How will we be able to get there? Didn't they say Lui was in the only portal?

DJ: True, and then they said that it was at the top of the mountain... Is there a reason for these contradictions that keep coming up?

Hanna: Something had better start making sense soon. Is that the top over there?

DJ: Ah yes, that is the top. Brr, it's cold up here! At least for me... Apparently Ace and Jester decided to take a little break...I don't see them yet. Can you see the castle ruins from here?

Hanna: If you mean that big black pile of rubble, then yes. Ah, it's refreshing being up here! I have a feeling we'll need all the energy we can get. What do you think?

DJ: It certainly seems that way. Do you want to see if there's any remaining shelter in the ruins we can use while we're waiting for Ace and Jester?

Hanna: There's something over there you can use. Is it really that cold to you?

DJ: Yes...brrr! I'm freezing up here...you probably love it! I'll just walk over there and start a fire, if that's possible, ok?

Hanna: By all means, go ahead. I don't want you to get sick or worse, but yes I love it!!! Do you think they'll show?

DJ: Sometime sooner or later...or else we'll have to leave for supplies. Do you mind if I leave EO over there with you?

Hanna: Sure. Is he still able to talk?

DJ: Not that I'm aware of...although he might stare a bit. You can turn him face down if he becomes too much of a pain. You ok up there?

Hanna: Just fine. Why wouldn't I be?

DJ: Just making sure...I'm going to rest for a bit here.

EO: Hey...Hanna, can you hear me?

Hanna: I wouldn't move my mouth very much if I were you. You forget that I have the advantage here. Why can't you just leave me alone?

EO: Remember that I was given the duty of converting you by my highest authority...I won't give up so easily. What's been happening lately? Do you actually trust those wackos?

Hanna: That's none of your concern. You're still trying to turn me evil?

EO: Not so much right now as it is relieving my boredom. How's Lui doing? Even if I hate him, he's still my other...

Hanna: You couldn't care less about what happens to him!! You weren't kidding about power of persuasion, were you?

EO: That's why I was the one hired for this particular job...and it almost worked too! Wouldn't you like to be evil?

Hanna: I was, if you recall, evil for a very short period of time. I never want that to happen again! So just stop, ok?

EO: Well, if what the crazy people said was true, if you save Lui or whatever, I disappear... Do you think that's true?

Hanna: I don't know. If it is, I'm more worried about DJ and Lui than I am about myself. Did you know about this portal situation?

EO: Just a little...you didn't freeze me in as much as the first time, so I can actually hear and be heard for a while. Are you all going in there? Are you taking me? Do I get to meet one of the wackos?

Hanna: Curiosity killed the cat. You want to stop now or do you want me to freeze you into unconsciousness again?

EO: Ok, I guess it's time for me to stop asking so many questions... What would you like to talk about, oh mighty captor?

Hanna: Hmm… This has nothing to do with my being evil or that lack thereof, but...what were you about to say before you passed out?

EO: I thought you actually possessed the power to be truly evil...apparently you don't. Ha, you don't even have the power to suppress what evil you do have! Would you like to push the button?

Hanna: Nope! Thanks though. You truly believe I'm not evil? What about all that false flattery you fed me back there?

EO: Seriously??? Haha, that was all to get you to believe that you truly had the evil in you. Self-motivation is one of the most powerful convincing tools I have! Did you believe that you truly had a great evil presence?

Hanna: You have no idea how happy that makes me. Whether you realize it or not, I do still have evil. Are you going to stop talking anytime soon?

EO: Probably not...I sense that this is my only chance to socialize (and potentially save myself) before the crazy people come back. What will they do with me?

1 comment: