Friday, October 23, 2009

Part Twelve

Part Twelve



EO: What will they do with me?

Jester: Yo! The "crazy people" are back!

Ace: ... Hanna....Let me ask you this.... Can I trust YOU?

EO: Ha! You think my friend Hanna here would actually believe your scheme for a second?!?!?!? That proves you must be crazy! Unfortunately, she can't hear you right now...she's asleep. Want to talk to me instead?

Jester: No! Shut your trap, you insignificant little...! Your forgetting who it is that has the power to scorch you in 2 seconds including thaw time.

Ace: She needs the rest...and so does, DJ. Why don't you get some rest before we enter?

EO: Yeah, DJ's sleeping too right now. Lucky him...he's not the one encased in ice. You want to let me out of this ice cube so we can have a real fight, Lester?

Jester: I'd love to. Too bad I have a duty and that does not include killing you. So shut it before I have to do it anyway.

Ace: The power of persuasion? Sounds...

Jester: ... Lame?

Ace: ....er...yes. And I've seen the way you fight. Nothing wrong there except you use mortal swords, don't you?

EO: HEY! I'll have you know that persuasion works extremely well! I had Hanna within a hair's-breadth of becoming an Evil Other just like me. Mortal swords don't work against you, I'm assuming?

Hanna: *Groggily wakes up* Ugh.... what happened? The last thing I remember before I fell asleep was EDJ's incessant and arrogant chatter... I must have been exhausted. *looks around* DJ?

Jester: He fell asleep too. EDJ must have some kind of power to put people to sleep. You wanna put some more layers over his mouth so he'll stay quiet?

Hanna: Nah, I'd have to be a little more awake to concentrate my powers properly. *realizes something* I let my guard down...and you didn't do anything?

Jester: I was MORE than tempted to kill this idiot over here, but I made sure it didn't happen.

Ace: Why would we do anything? You’re no good to us dead. Not to mention...

EO: Ha! You don't have the guts to kill a defenseless person, that's all. Give me one of your swords and we'll have a real fight! Or will you be wimpy and just freeze my mouth shut again?

Hanna: Don't push it, EDJ. Ace, not to mention...what?

Ace: I said you are no good to us dead.

Jester: We can't give you one of our swords because the power would just burn your hand off. Still want one?

Hanna: Wow. For once in his puny life, EDJ actually stopped talking. I wonder how long that will last... So, how will we get to this Other world?

Ace: It's right here, *gestures to cliff* yet you probably can't see it. Can you?

Hanna: No... Should I be able to see it?

Ace: No, I was just wondering... Is everything ready to go?

Hanna: You make no sense to me... Should we wake DJ?

DJ: *Jolts up* I'm awake now! Huh? How long did I sleep?

Hanna: Hopefully long enough for you to regain your energy. Are you okay now?

DJ: Quite ok, thanks. Although I am still somewhat cold. Hopefully it'll be a little warmer there. Are Jester and Ace here?

Hanna: I'm not sure. I fell asleep earlier...I'm sorry, I put us both in danger....again. How are we ever going to save Lui with my constant mistakes?!

DJ: I fell asleep too, I was only planning on resting for a while...don't worry about it. They'll be here eventually. Did EO bother you?

Hanna: Not really. Surprisingly, he was actually helping! Though he still has a big mouth. Do you think it's possible that he was trying to tear me down again?

DJ: I wouldn't put anything past him...he's a tricky one. How was he helping you?

Hanna: He was telling me how pathetic my evil side is. I would have liked to agree with him, but I still think she's pretty powerful... What do you think?

DJ: The power to wreak destruction on objects around you, certainly. The power to overcome your good side, not so much anymore. Did he have anything to say about Ace and Jester?

Hanna: He called them wacko and crazy. Does that count?

DJ: I guess so...although he likes to call names when he has no power. Did they say where the portal was?

Jester: Yeah, we were waiting for both of you to wake up. Are you all ready?

DJ: I am if Hanna is... Hanna?

Hanna: Huh? Oh sorry, I was thinking about something... Right, I'm ready. Where is it?

Ace: There is one right here. *Motions beyond a cliff* Where is the Lui Mirror?

DJ: I've got it right here. Do you need it?

Jester: Yes. It acts as a link for the portal.

Ace: It shouldn't get anymore complicated than that. Alright. Jester, do the honors.

Jester: Sure. Will you hand me the mirror?

DJ: Ok, here you go. *Hands Lui Mirror to Jester* Please be careful with him, ok?

1 comment:

  1. The power of persuasion proves to be not-so-lame...

    ReplyDelete