Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Part Sixteen

Part Sixteen



Misty: What do you think?

Unknown salesman: POPCORN!!! PEANUTS!!! CORN DOGS!!! Free complementary chips!!! *Pushes cart in front of group intentionally* Would you like to buy some cracker jacks?

Misty: Sure! *grabs some* *munch, munch* These are good. How do you make these?

Salesman: With extra salt. Would like a glass of lemonade with that? It will cost you 1.02$

Misty: I only have 99 cents. Can I give you an IOU for the other 3 cents?

Salesman: Oh too bad... how about that lady next to you? got any money? I take... uh... human money as well. Cash only.

Misty: Oh well then how about I give you my 99 cents and three Earth pennies? Would that work?

Salesman: Okay... do you want the straw with that?

Misty: Yup! Do you have bendy straws?

Salesman: Okay, have a nice day. *whispers* Hehehe, and she thought I was nice, to bad she had no money.

Misty: huh? I had money.

Salesman: No, you said you had no money.

Misty: I did? When?

Salesman: Word for word quote, "I only have 99 cents."

Misty: Oh well, yeah. I gave that and the Earth cents to you. I have more Earth cents though. Wow, I'm confused now. Haha

Salesman: How many of these "earth cents" do you have?

Misty: ummm... let me check. *counts*... 502. Why?

Salesman: Um... never mind. Oh no!!! My cover is blown!!! Well uh... see ya! *Quickly runs off with cart that for some reason seems to be slightly heavier*

Misty: ... That was odd.


Hanna: I think he just stole something from you. Anything missing?

Misty: *checks* just the 99 cents and three coins. Should I be worried?

DJ: Quite. What was that all about?!?!?!

Hanna: I have no clue. This random guy just jumped in front of us and demanded we buy something. Odd, don't you think so?

DJ: Sad, because I missed it... The map in the lobby says that Big Boss' office is on the 4th floor. You want to go see him now?

Hanna: I suppose so. Elevator or stairs?

DJ: Stairs, I guess. I like them better... Have you ever gotten sick in an elevator?

Hanna: Felt like being sick, yes. Actually gotten sick, no. Where are the stairs?

DJ: "Down the hall, first sliding door on the right" At least, that's what the talking sign said... Any sign of Ace and Jester recently?

Hanna: None whatsoever. For someone who's always watching us, you would think they would know when we need help or something......what do you think?

DJ: Hmm....you're giving me an idea. Perhaps if we pretend to be in danger, they'll come to 'rescue' us?

Hanna: Heh, that would be funny. You don't think it would work, do you?

DJ: It would be pretty funny if it did. Want me to push someone down the waterfall to find out?

Hanna: Nah, there's no need to cause unnecessary strife. How many flights of stairs did you say?

DJ: 4th floor, I think. Or was it higher?

Hanna: I'm pretty sure you said 4th. Shall we ascend?

DJ: I'm ready. *Starts climbing stairs* What do you think is in store for us?

Hanna: Some assistance, hopefully. How long do you think Lui can survive in the portal/mirror?

Misty: *following* Proly a long time. What do you think DJ?

DJ: I don't know. He admitted that he was in pain... Do you think that Big Boss will actually help us?

Misty: hmmm... I don't know. I guess we just have to go see him. *breathes out* How come we didn't take the elevator?

DJ: Because I got terribly sick on an elevator the last time I used one. You wouldn't want to see that again, would you?

Hanna: I'm sure I can go without seeing that pudding steak stuff a second time. How much farther?

DJ: I think we're just getting past the second level now, but they are pretty big because of the waterfall. Is the building actually taller than four stories?

Misty: I think so. I think the last floor is for the janitors. We really like our janitors here. In fact it's one of the best jobs you can have. Is it like that on Earth?

DJ: Umm, I think that janitor is probably one of the least-respected jobs on Earth. What's the least-respected job here?

Misty: hmmm... I don't know. There really isn't one because all jobs are important. Like without janitors these halls would be really gross. And without cooks we would starve, and that would NOT be good! So maybe a desk job. It's not like it's not useful, it's just really, really boring. Does that make sense?

DJ: Makes sense to me, in a strange sort of way.

Misty: Yeah it's kinda weird.

DJ: What kind of job do you have here?

Misty: Me? I'm well... a helper. I go back and forth between places helping people. Like when I helped you, Hanna, and Lui. What do you do on Earth?

Hanna: For the time being? I alternate between hero and commonplace waitress. Not sure about DJ though. How high on the job list is a waitress in this world?

Misty: It's up there. Every restaurant has at least one. They will hire whenever someone wants to be one. Why do you ask?

Hanna: Simply wondering, that's all. I don't think my job pays enough.... Anyway, how well do you know Big Boss?

Misty: Not very well at all actually. He came while I was helping someone else. What do you think he's like?

Hanna: I've never met the guy! How in the world should I know?!

Misty: I don't know. Just trying to make conversation. These stairs are taking forever! Are we there yet?

Hanna: *Sigh* Sorry about that. I realize you're trying to help. As for the stairs, I don't think so. What do you do in your spare time?

Misty: Wait! I think I... yes! I see a door! Wait... rats. It's the third floor. Oh well. hmmm... I like to read. What about you?

Hanna: Me? Read and take long solitary walks. I also find enjoyment in playing the piano. How many stairs have we climbed?

Misty: Since the third floor, I'd say about 7. How many more do you think there are?

Hanna: Plenty. Why do you think the Big Boss finds our adventures so interesting?

Misty: I don't know. Maybe he finds it as one big story. Who knows! I wonder what happened to Ace and Jester. Do you know?

Hanna: Nope. As if anyone could find our adventures interesting. Do you think that's even possible?

Misty: I don't see why people would think that at all. But I get the weird feeling that someone or more then one someones are watching my every move. Do you ever get that way?

Hanna: On rare occasions, yes. Even more so since I heard about all the people here that were watching us. Do you think they're recording our every move?!

Misty: *gasp!* I sure hope not. That would be weird. Don't you think?

Hanna: Yes, very much so. The thought of strangers recording your every move so that people of all generations all over the world would know about you is quite a frightening thought! Is it not?

Misty: Yes, that is pretty freaky. But it probably will not happen to us... ..right?

Hanna: Of course not! There is no logical way that could be possible. It's as illogical as believing in aliens! Wait, scratch that, I know about 3 aliens....

Misty: Really? Three huh? That's... interesting.

Hanna: Yes, I personally know 3 aliens. Do you have a problem with that?

Misty: No, I just found it interesting that's all.

Hanna: Anyway, how many more stairs left?

Misty: I would guess 4....3....2....1. There! Is this it?

Hanna: I'm not sure...

Misty: I guess we should try it anyway. *walks up to door* Oh brother. It's locked. What should we do now?

Hanna: I could break it open, but I don't think that would be very nice considering our current location. What do you think we should do?

Misty: hmmm... Wait. Maybe my card key would work. Do you see a slot for one?

Hanna: *Points* that looks somewhat like one. Is it working?

Misty: *tries it* Yup! It works. Ready?

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, YAY!! lol part sixteen was great! lol
    now we just need to find out who the sales guy was... :D hhhmmm... ;) lol
    Good Job!!

    ReplyDelete